53

Two Weeks Later

".. you have to welcome the dignitaries, attend a royal dinner with the neighboring country, give a speech at- are you even listening to me?"

"I'm sorry hyung. Just have a lot on my mind right now."

Hoseok let's out a sigh. It's almost impossible to convince Taehyung to return home and when he does, his mind is elsewhere.

"Is this because of that girl?"

"That girl has a name."

"Either way. You can't make her a distraction. You have responsibilities and duties as a Prince of this country. And unless you can find someone else to take over the throne, you have to do your part."

Taehyung looks at the guy.  "Why can't you take over then?"

Hoseok rolls his eyes. "We are not having this conversation again."

"Why not? I mean, you're the closest relative I have. You know how things work around here too so that makes you more than eligible."

When Taehyung receives a glare in return, the latter bites the bottom of his lip in disappointment. "Fine okay. I won't bring it up again. Under one condition though."

"What is it now? You want me to take care of your duties on your behalf? I believe I've been doing that for more than seven years now. I need my break."

"Then don't think of it as a favor then. Think of it as an order from your future King. And you know you can't back away from an order."

A moment of silence reigns.

"You really have some nerve."

"I'm not the one who keeps reminding me that I'll be King soon." Taehyung grins in victory. "I'll leave everything in your capable hands then."

"Are you going to see that girl?"

Taehyung halts In his steps, showing a little frown. "I really want to. But I promised Y/n, I'd take things slow between us. I already lost her twice. I don't think I'll be able to bear the pain if I lose her for the third time."

-

It's been two weeks since Taehyung last showed up. Like you, he's been busy attending to his duties. Every now and then, he'd send you a text about his day and get a casual respond back from you.

He was taking things slowly. And you can see that.

Another day. Another hectic schedule. One minute you're assisting a patient's broken bone and the next, you're drilling a syringe onto a patient's arm.

There are instances in life when you can't help but wonder why you choice nursing as a career.

It's not an easy job after all.

You're basically a caretaker.

"Y/n, you have a delivery."

That's odd. You don't remember ordering something in particular. Aside from those takoyaki that already arrived an hour ago, you don't recall having anything delivered today.

Abandoning the registrar spot, you attend to the delivery man outside the hospital building. What awaits you makes you stop in your steps. An explosive of red roses come neatly wrapped in thick parchment paper. "Special delivery for, Jeon Y/n."

"Who's it from?" With a suspicious tone, you inspect inspect the bouquet of red and heart-shaped chocolates.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that miss. Kindly sign here and I'll be on my way. " You do as asked and he tips his baseball cap before driving away with his motorcycle. Now you're left with a massive bouquet in your hand as well as a box of chocolate.