Chapter 14

~Vic's P.O.V~

I held the phone in my grip. My heart was racing and I kept on calling Jaime’s name, but receiving no answer. I heard the line go dead, the last thing I could make out was that she was holding him in her basement. 

Cara owned a small house on the outskirts of London, her family bought it for her as a vacation spot and I’d done some song writing for Collide with the Sky there. I dialed up Andy’s number, yelling at him to get over her with the bus and make sure the rest of the band was on there.

I knew I didn’t have much time, but Cara was insane so she’d probably pull some sort of torture on him before just killing him.

Was she even capable of killing a person? I wasn’t about to second guess her.

~~~

Cara went back downstairs, staring at the helpless bassist. He looked so vulnerable and it gave her some sort of power trip. She walked over, his dark eyes narrowing as she brought her hand lightly to his cheek. Then lifting it and slapping him hard.

“Oh Jaime...”

“You’re a crazy bitch.”

She jerked back, running a hand through her hair and letting out a bitter laugh.

“No, I’m just trying to show my boyfriend that he shouldn’t associate himself with people like you.”

“He isn’t your boyfriend anymore.”

Jaime sneered, earning another hard whack from Cara. She didn’t like the way he was talking down to her.

“He isn’t yours either Preciado..”

“We’ll see about that.”

“Was that a threat?”

“I don’t know you tell me.”

She clenched her fist, trying hard not to just take something sharp and run it through his throat. She brought out a cigarette. Lighting it and pacing around the basement. The boy’s eyes glued to her.

She took a drag, walked over and pressed it lightly to the base of his neck. He let out a pained gasp and she smiled. Placing the hot end against his skin multiple times. She’d never thought she would kidnap someone, but on the inside she was bubbling with excitement.

She was going to have fun with this one.

~~~ 

Andy arrived, jumping from the WCAR van before being shoved back in.

“Vic what is..”

“Cara’s got Jaime. She’s probably....”

I couldn’t bring myself to say it. I just directed Kyle to drive and kept my mouth clamped shut, despite the effort from the guys to get me to talk. 

As the car made it’s way down the crooked streets off the town my mind raced. First of all, I was usually calm in horrible situations, but this was different. She had took Jaime. She was hurting him. She was messing around with the one thing I loved. I didn’t know if it was normal, but suddenly some sort of animalistic rage came over me. Mike put a comforting hand on my shoulder, but I shrugged it away. 

Kyle reached the house and before he could even park, I’d dashed out the door. I knew I was being rash, but I didn’t care. I burst through. No one was in the living room so I guessed she was down in the basement.

I made way for the door, luckily it was unlocked and I ran down the stairs. I could see the faint outline of someone leaning over another body. My face paled. Had she already killed him?

“Cara...”

I shouted, she turned. Surprise on her face as I came closer. I took her thin hand, shoving her hard and laying my eyes on Jaime.

His skin was badly burned in several areas, he had bruising on his cheeks and the ropes around his were digging in and leaving marks on his wrists and ankles. His eyes were shut and I wasn’t sure if he was conscious or not.

“Jaime, it’s Vic...I’m here to rescue you..”

I said, putting my hand on his forehead and shaking him slightly. He made a small noise, bring a smile to my face, but not for long as I felt something hit me on my back. I staggered, turning to see Cara.

“Vic....just let him die.”

I narrowed my eyes.

“I love him Cara, I’m not leaving without him.”

I claimed, a surge of pain running down my spin. She was holding some sort of bat. She had a crazy twinkle in her eye.

“No, you don’t love him...You love me and I love you....as soon as I get rid of him we can be happy together.”

I shook my head.

“No, I don’t love you. I’ve loved Jaime for a long time. There is no way you and I will ever be together again. Not after this stunt.”

My blood was boiling as I let my gaze slip back onto Jaime. He looked so damaged, his breathing was irregular and I needed to get out of this house. 

“Vic...don’t be irrational. We will be together, or else I’ll kill you too.”

I looked up, she was close and I grabbed a old vase, throwing it at her.

“Stay away...”

I growled. Throwing various things at her, but not causing her any harm.

“Vic, just take me back. We have a FUTURE. We can get married, and have kids. You can’t do that with Jaime...”

She was blabbering, flailing her arms around like a lunatic. I let my eyes settle on a wooden plank beside my feet. I picked it up while she was distracted, raising it and hitting her square in the side. 

She teetered, doubling over and coughing. I quickly turned, untying Jaime and collecting him in my arms. 

“Please be alive, oh God I love you so much...”

I whispered,  slightly shaking from the anger and he was heavy weight in my arms.

“He’s as good as dead...”

I heard her squeaky voice. I turned, holding his beatup body in my hands.

“You should be dead for what you’ve done!”

I screamed.

“You good for nothing whore, if he dies I swear to God..”

My eyes flashed red and I held onto Jaime’s unmoving body.

“I will come back and I will murder you myself!”

I heard the door to the basement open, seeing Tony and Andy make there way down. I didn’t care what they saw or what they thought. I felt tears sting my eyes and I buried my face into Jaime’s shirt. 

“Oh please Jaime...”

I mumbled, I felt someone tug on my shoulder but I ignored it.

“Vic we need to get him to a hospital...”

Tony’s voice was soft and he managed to yank Jaime from my hold.

“Give him back..”

I pleaded, wanting to hold his warm body in my hands. I was so scared that the next tim I saw him he would be dead. Tony shook his head and Andy blocked my path as I got up, reaching out for Jaime. 

“Vic...he’ll be fine.”

I looked from Andy and then to Tony who was carrying him up the stairs.

“Jaime...”

I whispered.

“JAIME!”

I felt myself lurch forward, but Andy’s strong hands kept me in place. I struggled, but ended up crying into his chest as well. He pulled me out of the house, taking one last look at it and getting on our way to the hospital.