Allie was silent for a moment. “Um...thanks for asking, Mitch, but I don’t think I can today.”

“Oh.” Mitchell replied. He sounded disappointed. “Well...how about tomorrow after school?”

“Not then, either.” Allie stated. “Look...” She let out a sigh. “I like you, Mitch, yes, but...we can’t do this. What we did the other night was a mistake, I should never have done that.”

There was silence on the other end.

“It’s nothing against you or anything, that was all me.” Allie stated quickly. “It’s just...I have a boyfriend, Mitch. So...I really can’t -”

“Allie, we’ve already been through this. Justin’s a dick. You know that as much as I do. I thought you guys had broken up?” Mitchell sounded extremely exasperated.

“We’re in a fight right now, but we’re not broken up.” Allie replied. “And even if we were, I still wouldn’t go over to you house.” She shook her head, suddenly feeling disgusted and insulted. “I’m not that type of girl, Mitch. If that’s who you’re looking for, maybe you should talk to Nina Winchcombe.”

“Yeah, now that you mention it, maybe I will.” Mitchell stated coldly. “Allie, how do you even know that coming over to my house means we’re going to do stuff? I only said come over, I didn’t say I wanted to make out with you.” Mitchell let out an annoyed scoff.

Allie sighed. “Whatever.” She stated. “I just can’t come over. I’ll see you at school tomorrow, Mitch.”

“Bye.” He replied bitterly.

Allie snapped her phone shut and leaned her head back against her couch, groaning loudly.

*******

“So your week was good?” Kristen asked, turning around in her seat to glance at Allie. 

Jasmine, Kristen, and Meaghan had gone together to pick Allie up at the airport in Phoenix. It was around one PM, and after a quick Starbucks run at the airport, the four had hailed a taxi and were currently on their way to the arena. Allie’s week in Denver was up, and she was heading back to the tour for about a month.

“Yeah, it was alright.” Allie replied, shrugging casually. “I mean...it was good to get a break.”

The other three nodded in understanding.

“So what have you guys been up to?” Allie asked, glancing at her friends questioningly.

Meaghan shrugged. “Not much. We hung out with Ryan and Chaz a whole lot before they left -”