“No, it’s not! I shouldn’t have done that! I’m mad at him, but we’re not broken up yet! Azra, I just cheated on him!” Allie was positively sobbing now. “I can’t believe I would do that to anybody!”

Azra pulled her in for a tight hug, patting her back consolingly. “It’s gonna be okay, Allie. Okay? Everything’s gonna be alright. You’re not a slut, you only did this because he hurt you. He hurt you, and you wanted to get back at him, it’s normal. Okay? It’s normal. Believe me, you could’ve done much, much worse than just make out with Mitchell.”

Allie continued to sob in Azra’s shoulder.

“You and Justin may not be broken up officially, but...Allie...honestly...Don’t feel bad, okay? What he did to you was way worse than what you just did. Trust me. Making out with Mitch was not that bad. Like I said, it could’ve been a lot worse.” 

“I just don’t know what to do.” Allie whispered miserably.

Azra took a deep breath. “Look...I’m not denying that what you did was wrong. I know it might seem like that’s what I’m saying, but...I’m not. What you did wasn’t right. But the thing is, you had a reason for doing it. Justin would be fooling himself if he blamed you for making out with Mitchell. So...honestly...he has no right to get mad at you about this. Furthermore, he doesn’t have the right to know about it, either. He was an asshole. He hurt you badly, and he doesn’t deserve your time or attention whatsoever. So...don’t feel obligated to tell him about this. You guys may not have broken up yet, but...honestly...with what he did, you may as well be.”

There was a long pause.

Azra let out a sigh. “Look, I like Justin, okay? I do. He’s a cool guy. But...honestly? After what he did to you? I’ve lost my respect for him.” She shook her head. “He deserved you making out with Mitchell. I’m being 110% honest.”

Allie took a deep breath. She wiped a few tears out of her eyes, and gave Azra a slight smile. “I guess you’re right.”

Azra smiled back at her, before she pulled her in for a hug. “Everything’s gonna be okay, just you wait and see.” She murmured.

*******

“Hello?” Allie asked timidly, answering the phone.

“Hey!” Mitchell’s voice sounded.

“Hey.” Allie replied uncomfortably.

“How’s it going?”

“Okay. You?”

“Never better.” Allie could sense him grinning through the phone. “So, I was wondering...do you want to come over today and hang out?”