Azra nodded, slightly lost, but understanding her friend’s need. “Yeah, of course. We could get Laura Stam or someone to give us a ride, I’ll go ask.”

Allie nodded gratefully as Azra hurried off.

Twenty minutes later, they had been dropped off by Laura Stam at Allie’s house, where Azra was supposed to spend the night.

Allie led her up to her room, and, after making sure her parents weren’t anywhere near, she quickly shut the door and locked it.

“Al...what’s up? Is everything okay?” Azra asked.

“No...no, it’s not okay.” Allie said in a panicky whimper. Her hands were shaking and she was pacing back and forth.

“What happened?” Azra asked quickly, concern clouding her bright green eyes.

Allie took a deep breath, putting her head in her hands for a moment, before looking up at Azra.

“Allie.” Azra said. “Tell me what happened.”

Allie was reminded forcibly of the day she had broken down in the hotel hallway after getting in a fight with her mom, and how Justin had been the one to comfort her.

Allie let out a worried sigh, close to tears. “Azra...I did something really bad.”

Azra raised her eyebrows uncertainly. She remained silent, waiting for Allie to continue.

Allie took a deep breath. “I...I, uh...” A miserable look came over her face, and she felt close to tears. “...I made out with Mitchell.”

Azra’s eyebrows immediately shot up. “Tonight?” She asked.

Allie nodded miserably, before she buried her head in her hands. “God, what do I do?” 

Azra looked at her apprehensively. “So, you, uh...you and Mitch went somewhere and -”

“We made out in one of Nina’s guest bedrooms. Yeah.” Allie replied. Her shoulders slumped just as her phone beeped with a new text message. She pulled it out and opened the text:

From: GrindMeJustin ;)

please?

Something inside of Allie snapped and she burst into tears. “I didn’t mean to do it!” She cried suddenly. “I wasn’t thinking straight, I didn’t even think about the fact that Justin and I aren’t broken up, all I could think about was how much I hated him! I just wanted to get back at him, but now I don’t even know what to do! I feel like such a slut!”

Azra immediately hurried over and put her arm around Allie’s shoulders. “Allie! Allie, calm down! Everything’s okay, alright?”