Ch.10 Promise

Your P.O.V

You and Kagami walked back to class together to see if Kuroko-Kun was back but when you entered the room he was nowhere to be seen.

"Hello (L/N) are you just coming into school right now?" The teacher said

"Umm yes."

"Mmm ok take a seat... And you Kagami what are you doing with her?!"

"Ummm...um ..." Kagami stuttered.

" I tripped! And while he was walking back to class he helped me to the nurses office and back!" I said

".... Okay fine.. both of you back to your seat."

Me and Kagami walked back to our seat when suddenly you get a nudge in the side.

"Hey thanks.." Kagami said.

"No problem" you smiled.

You got back to your seat and tried to pay attention to class but all you could think about was Kuroko-Kun.

How am I supposed to confess to him?

I can't believe I've only noticed now that I really love him... He knows every single detail about me. He knows when something's wrong with me, and he won't stand anybody picking on me. But why? Why does he keep running? I know that our promise was that he would make the person pay for making me cry but does he not notice by him leaving me that it makes me cry even more?!

Where is Kuroko-Kun? The last time he left school he was with.... Momoi. I suddenly remembered that she called him her "boyfriend". Maybe Kuroko doesn't like me and he just like momoi? Maybe that kiss he gave me today was just to tease me! But that's not Kuroko-kun's personality...

My mind was so filled in thoughts of Kuroko-Kun.

*end of the day*

I somehow managed to survive school today without breaking down again.

Kagami has basketball practice so he said he will meet up with me later to find Kuroko-Kun.

I was walking home when suddenly...

"(L/N)cchi!!!!!!!!!!!" Someone embraced me from behind.

I turn around and see.. Kise!

" oh hello Kise?.."

Kise started pouting... "(L/N)cchi don't tell me you forgot that I was gonna take you somewhere special to repay you for bumping into you this morning?!

You suddenly rembered this morning..

"Oh yeah..... Heheh sorry I did forget, I'm sorry a lot of things happened in school today. Btw what's with the "cchi?" "

"Oh I put "cchi" at the end of your name because I respect you! You're my friend now right? So I might as well give you a nickname!" He cheered happily.

"Okay... I guess." I sighed

Kise noticed that.. Suddenly he started to pull you're arm somewhere.

"C'mon (L/N)cchi! Lets not mope around let's go have some fun!!" He screamed energetically.

"Okay.." I smiled.

How can I say no to such a happy person?

We first went to the park and sat near a pond. There was a family of ducks and out of nowhere Kise had a bag of bread crumbs and told me to feed them with him. I've got to say I did feel better after doing that.

Next we went to the playground.

I sat on a bench while I watched Kise go on the swings...

"(L/N)cchi!!!! Come swing with me!!!"

You laughed "no thanks Kise I'm good..."

"Awe c'mon (L/N)cchi!!!! Look how high I'm going!"

" no thank you.."

" wow... Look at the beautiful sky." Kise said while staring up in the sky.

You stared at it too

"Yeah.... It is."

"But not as beautiful as you.." Kise said now looking at me while playfully smirking.

"Baka.." I said blushing..

"EH???? I was just saying my friend is beautiful!!"

I laughed "I know...thank you."

Kise walked up to me and sat on the bench that I was sitting on.

"So (L/N)cchi what happened in school today?"

The atmosphere suddenly turned serious.

"Um... It's nothing"

Kise suddenly grabbed my chin and turned it so it was facing his face.

"(L/N)cchi stop lying.... I'm your friend. And it is my job to make sure you're alright. Now tell me.. What happened in school?" Kise said with a sincere yet serious look.

You were shocked by his sudden action but then slowly relaxed.

" long story short... There is a guy I love at school. And we've been best friends for a long time. I started to get these weird feelings for him. He was acting weird too, like something was bothering him. But then today after I said goodbye to you... I went into school and he suddenly appeared and kissed me. After that he just ran away. When I saw him running away it broke my heart. It was like he held my heart when he kissed me and then when he ran away he just stabbed it. My other friend at school comforted me and told me I needed to confess to make me feel better. I considered that but then I started thinking maybe he doesn't love me back because he always hangs out with this other girl... And maybe he's just teasing me. So right now I don't know what to do."

Kise stared at me for a few minutes...

"(L/N)cchi... I don't know much about love. But the way you just explained to me your story it sounds like you love him. Also when someone kisses you I think it's very serious because its like they're telling you how they feel about you by that one action. I think he is being very serious with you. But the problem is.. Whenever he runs I think it's just because something is holding him back. Something that's telling him to stay away."

"Well...he made a promise to me that if I ever get hurt and cry because of someone he would make them pay. But one day he was acting weird and I tried to comfort him and he pushed me away. I thought he was upset because of me and I started crying. He found out and wrote a letter telling me that he hurt me and he needs to stay away to make me happy... But I want to tell him that by leaving me and always running away from me. He keeps hurting me!!"

Kise started smirking..

"Well (L/N)cchi I have one piece of advice to you...."

"What?"

"Promises are meant to be broken.."

__________________________