Chapter six

it was now the end of the day and I hastily make my way to the exit of the school building when I hear Hailey shouting my name. I turn around and see her running breathlessly towards me.

"what is it?" I ask hopeful

she gasps for breath before continuing 

"I found it. [gasp] his first name is Linden" a smile grows on my face 

I embrace Hailey spinning her around 

"you really are something H. I gotta go. I'll text you" I dart away from her

"thank you" I scream as I run down the hallway.

I can feel my back pack jolting up and down hitting the base of my neck then ricocheting onto my back.

I climb in my car and queue in the line of vehicles waiting to get out of the school lot. adrenaline pumping in my veins I feel exhilarated.

As my car is slowly edging towards the gates I see Mr Evans [aka Linden] stood with his car door open he is stood staring at me.

I stare back wanting to know what his problem was but no verbal communication was ever exchanged. The beep from the car behind me broke the stare as I continued on driving home faster than usual. I was just itching to get to my computer. 

Upon arriving home I dart to my room and turn my laptop on. My leg bounces impatiently accompanied by my fingertips tapping on my desk.

Once the computer awakens I quickly log on and begin hitting the keys furiously typing the name Linden Evans into the search engine. 

"Come on google" I mutter under my breath waiting for the results to load.

No results. 

What? That's odd. I think and think why is there no record of this guy. 

I pace up and down my room before darting on my bed and pressing the dial on Hailey's contact.

"And to what do I owe the pleasure" Hailey's soothing voice instantly calms me.

"So I was wondering. is there any reason for a guy who is lets say in his mid twenties to not have a single social media or phone number to trace or records of any kind?" I ask hoping she has every answer afraid that she will say yet because that means all hope is lost but also afraid she will say no because that only intensifies my curiosity. 

"Uh... no I don't think so everyone has at least one record whether its only a home address, number, previous or current employment, criminal records. Why'd you ask?"

"Because I just looked up Mr Evans and theres nothing on the guy absolutely nothing, not even a single thing its too clean"

"That doesn't make any sense... unless..."

"Unless what?" I ask frantic"

"Unless he's using a fake name"

"Thats it that is why, I knew he was a shady guy" I feel accomplished having cracked it.

"Wait wait wait. Slow down I don't think you've solved anything. He can't be using a fake name"

"And why is that?" I furrow my brows.

"Because he is a teacher they would have had to check id's previous employments, legal documents that prove him to be who he says he is, criminal records you get me?"

"Yeah but he could have forged any of those" I weakly defend myself

"This isn't a movie Trystan. There has to be another explanation."

"You're right I gotta figure this out"

"Why is this guy bothering you so much? its freaking me out"

"Freaking you out? How about he's freaking me out. It is driving me insane I need to know who he is and what his deal is."

"Why? How do you know him?" H began to sound genuinely concerned.

"I don't know him... I think he is stalking me" I sigh.

I hear her laugh down the phone

"Okay now you do sound crazy. Why would a teacher stalk you?"

"He was there. He is everywhere" I say becoming increasingly overwhelmed.

"He was where? Tell me Trystan"

"At her funeral he was at her grave was even at her last boxing match he distracted her." I hear her let go of a single breath but she doesn't say a word. "He is everywhere I go. I've even been getting notes from him"

"Notes saying what?" She responds this time.

"Warning me that she was his first and only his" 

"Whose his?"

"Carmen"

There was a long pause in which none of us spoke.

"Trystan are you sure you're not just imagining all this as a way to... to keep Carmen in your mind"

"No! that is not what I'm doing I just need to know who this guy is... and how he knew Carmen"