Chapter three

"Trystan! Trystan! Trissy wake up!" I feel tiny claws raking my skin as I slowly slip out of sleep. Amelia was showing a exceptional amount of energy this morning a light in her huge eyes that had been missing for so long.

"I'm awake Amelia" I announced to stop her incessant tugging at my arm.

"Yay! Can we go see Carmen now?" Now I know where the source of her excitement came from.

I checked my phone 11:20 am.
" yeah sure just give us a moment to get dressed mimi and we can go" I rubbed the sleep from my eyes

She skipped content out of my room as I stood up to get dressed.
I wore jeans and a red tee. Carmen always loved the colour red on me. I dabbed a little cologne on my neck and wrists it was the one carmen bought me for my birthday. I wanted to make an effort for her.

Upon arriving at the cemetery we strolled through the rows and rows of marked graves until we landed on carmen's. There was that guy again I remembered him from carmen's funeral.
"Hey you!" I shouted startling the ominous looking guy
"You were at her funeral?" I asked while holding onto Amelia
"Yes. Yes I was" his eyes were dark and threatening.
"Who are you?" I asked desperately
"That's a story for another day. I'm just finishing here. I'll see you round Trystan" the mystery guy said before making his departure.

"Who was that?" Amelia asked
"I have no idea..." I stared a little watching his figure disappear into the fog.
"Hey Carmen. I hope you're okay because I'm not. I need you so much right now. Ugh I promised myself I wouldn't cry today" I wipe the stray tear from my cheek
"My friends are telling me to move on. They're trying to set me up with the girl in biology hah. I don't know what to do. I love you Carmen..." I nod to Amelia letting her start her speech about how schools going, her new infatuation with boxing and sports. Complaining that I won't partake in her tea parties. I can hear her laughing when she gets to that part.

There's something about visiting Carmen that makes me feel so safe and calm.
We spend the next hour talking and joking with Carmen, imagining her responses.

The next day of school rolled round and I managed to get to school on time. 

stepping round the corner of the hall I crashed into something. It was short and made a sound of pain. "sorry" i apologized in a monotone way.

"It's fine" the familiar voice squeaked. It's that ginger girl again.

"uh I'm Trystan" 

"yeah I know" she smiled.

"oh" oh? oh? couldn't of come up with anything better than oh?

"Hailey"

"what?" i ask confused

"my name it's Hailey." Hailey smiled her cheeks turning a slight shade of pink. 

"good to meet you Hailey. I hate to be rude but i've got a councilors meeting. see you later?"

"oh yeah sure. have fun. I mean uhh.. nevermind" I smiled at her before walking away.

wait what?

I smiled? oh my...

"good morning Mr Hunt. How are you feeling today?" Mr Collins sighs as he sits back in his chair.

"I've been worse"

"that's good. It's a start on the right path"

barf. 

"yeah I went to see Carmen yesterday. left some flowers for her." I recall the day previous with my little sister. I remember the guy there.

"how did that feel. did you feel you had closure"

"Not closure but I felt good being with her it felt comforting." i pause seeing Mr Collins writing down his notes.

"Hey Mr Collins. is it normal to feel like you didn't know everything or as much as you thought about someone after they die?" I ask referencing to the man who clearly new Carmen.

"I think we never know someone completely as does nobody else know us completely. I think even after someone is no longer with us parts of them or their past may resurface but that's not to say you didn't know them as well. It just means you knew the version they wanted you to know."

"thanks Mr Collins"

"why'd you ask?"

"no reason... see you next week" i get up and leave the room. Some how Mr Collins speech didn't comfort me. 

who was that guy?