Chapter One

RECAP

This is the second book in this series, the first book is The Guy, The Girl and The Boxing Ring which i suggest you read before this one.

if you haven't read the first book then read no further *spoiler alert*

just to recap for those who have read my first book, the book ended at Carmen's funeral, with a conversation between Trystan and another guy who has yet to be introduced.

The new character told Trystan he and Carmen had a past of which we do not know, he also slipped in that he was present at Carmen's last fight but arrived late just before things got messy. Trystan doesn't know what to make of this information but will hopefully learn of the hidden truths in After The Boxing Ring.

================================================================================"Yo Trystan" i heard Max call my name as i climb out my car.

"hey" i reply in the same monotone voice that has proven to be the only way i talk now.

"come on Trystan you have got to stop being so vanilla"

"what the hell are you talking about max?"

"Vanilla. I'm telling you this because I am your friend, you have gotta explore other emotions than sad. What happen to jokey Trystan, Happy Trystan or even cocky Trystan?"

"they were torched, burned and slaughtered" my response vivid.

"that is exactly what i mean can you please just move on and stop being so depressing for once, its been six months dude, let it go"

"why don't you just stop being an ass hole and maybe just maybe i can try a facial expression other than serial killer" i walk away to wound up in my own pity to have time for his bullshit.

i walk through the halls and into the school office.

"ah Trystan, finally on time for one of our sessions" Mr Collins said sarcastically "please come into my office"

i slouch in the rusty red coloured, leather arm chair and sigh not wanting to sit through another pointless session with the schools councilor.

"so Trystan, how are you feeling today?" Mr Collins asks me with a smile on his face, waiting for me to respond.

how am I supposed to tell him how I feel when I myself don't know how I feel?

"look, I can't help you if you don't talk to me, how are you feeling today?"

I shrug my shoulders barely.

"Maybe you could try that again but with words" I stare blankly at him "Ok well how about we try something different" he says while taking out a stack of cards from his desk draw. he holds the first one up to me. "tell me, what's the first word that comes to mind when you see this."

"pointless" I finally say

"ah progress, you spoke. what do you mean by pointless?"

"this. its pointless"

"humour me" he holds up the second card.

"fine" I sigh staring at the card. "Carmen"

and the third "Carmen"

and the fourth "Carmen"

Mr Collins puts the cards down.

"so doc what's wrong with me"

"well I can see your sarcasm is still intact, I think the reason you feel empty is because you're holding onto Carmen, now I aren't suggesting you forget her or let go of the memories you had with her but you need to have closure, you need to accept that she is in a better place right now and I don't think she would want to see you like this. I think she would tell you to move on"

"oh yeah cause you knew her so well see you next week" i stand up and leave, deep down I knew he was right, but i didn't want it to be true.

I made my way to first period- biology -

"you're late Mr Hunt" Mrs Hawkins exclaimed as I weaved my way through the rows of seats to find mine at the back corner of the classroom.

"yeah sorry about that" i apologize un-enthusiastically.

"well since I didn't have any volunteers maybe you would like to tell me which part of a cell controls the chemical reactions?" Mrs Hawkins stared at me eyebrow risen.

"or maybe not" I reply causing an eruption of laughter in the class. the bell rang signaling the end of the lesson, I being making my way to the exit of the class room when...

"Mr Hunt can i have a word?" i rolls my eyes and turn around walking over to her and waiting for the remaining students to leave the room.

"look Trystan" I sigh knowing there was a lecture coming "I know you've been through a very traumatic time, and i've given you the benefit of the doubt but if you're looking to graduate at the end of the year you need to start studying and taking things seriously. otherwise i will have no option but to fail you and I'm sure you don't want to spend anymore time than you already have to in school"

"I have already got one councilor I don't need two" I stand up and walk out the classroom. I realize i was rude but I am so sick of people telling me to move on.