"No your big brothers are the bad guys as usual. You just carry that baby and be happy. You let me and ya lil boyfriend do all the tough shit. Tell that nigga Ima call him soon."

"Again that's not my boyfriend but okay."

He sucks his teeth, "Whatever. You did the most to be with him back then what's changed? Not a damn thing. I almost murked yo ass over that nigga. Stop playing with your feelings and his."

"I know this ain't Dom talking." I say. He laughs, "It's only one of me. He a decent man. He had to be about some coming back after all that shit. If you lose him this time, I don't have shit to do with it."

If I lose him, those words hit me. "He wouldn't go anywhere."

"You can only push a person so far."

"Okay Dom."

"Don't cut me short."

***

"Hey baby girl." I say to Chrissy. "I so tired." She says laying beside me. I laugh, "Did you have fun?"

"Yes." She answers back. Chris walks inside grabbing some clothes and walks into the bathroom. "Did daddy pick you up?" Chrissy nods her head yes. "Did your mother see you?" I ask him. "Nope." He simply says.

"Chris." I call out his name but he keeps walking. I suck my teeth, whatever. It's pointless to deal with this right now.

I walk inside the kitchen and prepare to look Dinner. I make it up to cooking the last thing, the cornbread and my feet feel like they're on fire. I sit the pan down and walk into living room.

"You straight?" Chris asks. He was sitting on the other side of the room. "My feet hurt." I manage to say kicking my shoes off. My feet are swollen I notice instantly. "What you ate today?" He asks. "A sandwich from Subway."

"Just a 6 inch?"

"No, a foot long."

"What you had on it?"

"Pickles, onions, peppers, tomatoes, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar."

"What meat Asia?"

"Pulled pork."

"Pork is salty as hell. That's probably why your feet look like they're about to burst." He says. "They really hurt... oh I had a cookie and some chips." I add remembering my entire meal. "What kinda chips?"

"Salt and Vinegar."

"So you had a foot long, chips, and a cookie?" He asks with a look of disbelief on his face. "Your point?" I question with a brow raised. "It's a lot of salt."

"But I was hungry." 

"But that's why your feet are swole. No more salt for a while."

"I just made pork chops for dinner."

He sits beside me and pulls my right foot to him. "Well no pork chops for you."

I go to say something then stop. But it's not even worth an argument. "I guess." I respond now sitting back on sofa. "Dom is going to call you." I tell him.

"Alright. When you talk to him?"

"Earlier today. I'm tired of arguing with you." Really fucking tired. I just need to feel like my life is normal again, halfway normal.

"Well stop getting offended when I say shit that you need to hear."

"Can you stop being petty?"

He laughs, "I'll try. Your shit blows me sometimes that's just my reaction. If you work on yours, I'll work on mine. I know it's not all the way your fault and lil man is playing a big part. But we can still act like two adults rather than two teenagers who barely know each other that have a baby."

"Yeah... So I mean what are we doing?"

"What you mean by that?" Chris asks. "What we doing as two parents of a little girl and a little boy on the way?"

"Asia, you technically ain't even my girlfriend officially. You done playing like you don't want a nigga?"

"I never said I didn't want but I don't I just don't things to turn out like the last time."

"How will it?" He asks and I honestly don't have an answer for him. Was I being irrational this entire time? I can't say my brothers, I can't say our circumstances. It's literally nothing I can think of. It's nothing holding us back. Like Dom said if I lose him it's my fuck up.

"It won't." I say back. "I'm ready, I've been ready. So whenever you ready let me know."

"I'm ready."

"You sure?"

I shake my head yes. This is my life now. The mother of two children. Spending my life with my first of everything.