Volume 5: True Colours

Start from the beginning

Me: Really? Huh, you're just as good as Pallad, hiding things.

Ruby: Oh. That's good to hear.

Ozpin: It is, but let's not forget the challenges that still lie before us.

Ruby and I soon nod our heads.

Ozpin: Now is there anything else we can help you with?

Ruby: Oh, uh... well, I did have one more question.

Ozpin: No, my cane is not a Relic.

Ruby: I have no more questions.

We all giggle.

Ozpin: Yes, while this cane is indeed very precious to me, it is also just that - precious to me. While I admit it still has a few more tricks up its sleeve, I can firmly say that being a Relic isn't one of them. Now why don't you run and get the other students?

Suddenly, Qrow's scroll is heard vibrating. He takes it out from his pocket to see "LEO LIONHEART" calling. He turns his head towards the Flame Elemental Warrior, who gives him the nod to answer it. 

Qrow: Yeah? ... Okay... yeah, we'll be there.

With a click of a button on his Scroll, Qrow hangs up and tucks his Scroll back into his pocket.

Ruby: Who was it?

Qrow sighs in weariness, while taking out his flask from his back pocket.

Qrow: It was Leo, says he had a breakthrough with the council. Thinks he might be able to get together a small raiding party for the bandits. He wants us to meet up at the school tomorrow night to walk us through it.

Ruby gasps in excitement, a wide smile suddenly appearing in her delicate face. 

Ruby: Really? Oh, that's great! I'll go get the others.

Me: Let's go, Ruby.

Ruby then runs out of the room, while Qrow takes a drink from his flask. While Ruby was excited about this news, Apollonir looked incredibly skeptical about this.

Ozpin: Mmm, that sounds drastically different from your original conversation, does it not?

Qrow: It does.

Ozpin: Interesting...

Apollonir: Like Qrow said a while ago, Things aren't looking good, Oz. 

Ozpin: I know...

As Ruby and I were about to reach the room where the others are discussing about the Spring Maiden and Relic, a voice ring in my head.

??? (In my head): Shadow.... Shadow Wrath.

As I heard that girl's voice, I stopped at my tracks, making Ruby to turn around to look at me.

Ruby: ummm, Shadow, are you okay?

Me: Yeah, I'm fine, Rubes. Hey, is it okay, that I be in my room real quick. I just need to check on something.

Ruby: Okay. Once you come over, we'll go outside to see Oz and Uncle Qrow.

Me: Ok. See you in a bit. 

With that I rushed off to my room.

Ruby: See you....

In my room, I locked my door as I talked to my empty room.