It did not move. So she laid her hands on his chest and started massaging his heart. It felt like she had sat there for days when he finally gasped and opened his eyes before groaning and holding his chest. 

"I think you broke some ribs."

Erlanda laughed and hugged him before scooting back again as he yelped out in pain. "Sorry," she said sheepishly. she checked over the wound that he was pressing his hand to. "You're lucky, the idiot missed your lungs and heart. you should be fine, just don't do anything stupid," she told him, "speaking of stupid, I got to stop the other Durin's from dying now."

She stood up and helped him back into one of the tunnels. "Try to stay out of the fight. There shouldn't be any orcs over here anymore since they think you're dead." Fili nodded, although he didn't seem happy about the situation and Erlanda ran off to find Kili.

She fought herself through a bunch of orcs with her sword in one hand and her dagger in the other. The bow and arrows on her back remained untouched as she still wasn't sure how to use them.

"Kili!" she yelled as she wasn't able to see him.

"'Landa!" she heard from somewhere above her and made her way towards his voice.

Suddenly, Bolg appeared and she spun around again, clashing blades with him. It seemed to her like a dance, he was using his strength and trying to get a brutal hit on her while she ducked and turned to avoid his blade.

But everyone makes mistakes and sadly, it was Erlanda whose foot slipped as she turned again which caused his blade to hit her shoulder. She yelled in pain but as she sank to the floor, she used her dagger to cut the main blood vessels on the inside of his upper legs. She then tried to roll out of the way as he tumbled for a moment but he managed to balance himself out again, apparently Orc anatomy was different from hers. 

At that moment, Kili jumped from above and onto the Orc's shoulders. He was thrown off but gave erlanda enough time to stand up again. She picked up her sword again and both Kili and her started to fight off the Orc, bringing him closer to the edge with every step.

"By the way," Erlanda panted, as she escaped one of the orc's blows, "Fili is alive."

"What?" he asked while hacking at the orc's stomach but being blocked.

"You...dwarves...have to learn...to be...a bit more....patient." They managed to force the Orc so close to the cliff that he lost his footing and fell down but Erlanda, who hadn't managed to balance herself out in time, fell down with him.

She landed harshly on her back and gasped in pain.

"'Landa!" she heard Kili calling as Bolg came walking towards her again. 

"Go find Thorin!" she yelled. Kili was about to protest but she yelled, "Go, you stubborn dwarf, he's going to get himself killed if he thinks you guys are dead!"

Kili nodded and ran off as the orc came even closer. Erlanda stood up as good as she could. She had dropped her sword but her dagger was still in her hand.

Something crashed onto the ground not too far from them and Erlanda saw that Legolas had crashed a tower to use it as a bridge. It seemed as though the orc was sure that we would win anyway because he turned away from Erlanda and walked towards the blond elf.

He slashed at Legolas but the elf jumped back, turned and attacked. He was blocked but as the Orc swung down to strike him, he easily turned out of the way, making the Orc destroy pieces of the makeshift bridge.

Legolas fell down onto what had been the other side of the tower and the Orc followed him, making it impossible for Erlanda to see what was going on. She decided that this was as good of a moment to try her archery skills than any other. Well, she could think of better moments when for instance her shoulder wasn't feeling like an inferno was burning through it but nonetheless she pulled her bow from her back and set an arrow into it.

Erlanda waited until the orc and Legolas came up again but now Legolas had his back to her which meant that it was maybe not a good idea to shoot. The two on the bridge kept fighting until the Orc managed to throw Legolas to the ground. Erlanda used that moment to fire a shot. 

She did not manage to hit her target but the arrow sliced open some skin on the Orc's shoulder, distracting him when another body came falling down onto the bridge. 

The orc stumbled down and again Erlanda could not see what happened but then she followed Legolas' gaze and saw that Thorin was about to follow the previously fallen Orc. Legolas looked at the King under the mountain as another Orc came closer, about to slay him so the elf threw his sword.

Orcrist hit his mark right in the chest of the Orc. Then, Erlanda's attention was drawn back to Legolas as the orc jumped up from under the bridge again making Legolas pull out his two daggers.

As the Orc managed to get Legolas into the lower part of the bridge again, Erlanda fired another arrow. It hit him in the arm as he threw a boulder at the spot where the elf had gone down. The Orc pulled his arm back but he had already thrown the boulder.

He turned around and walked towards Erlanda as she readied her bow again. She aimed for the bit of skin on his chest that was not protected but missed and hit his armour instead. Legolas then jumped onto the Orc from behind, landing elegantly on his shoulders before driving one of his daggers into the Orc's skull.

With another jump, in which he spun around himself a few times, he landed on the steady floor before the bridge finally fell to the ground.

Legolas turned around to Erlanda who was still holding the bow in her hand. "You really need to practice again," he told her.

She gave him a weak smile as she collected her dagger and put it in its scabbard at her hip. "Will do. As soon as all this is over."

The two of them climbed up again to where she had fallen off in the first place and she picked up her sword from where it had fallen. "What will you do now?" he asked her.

"There's a dwarven prince whose rips I broke," she told him, gesturing towards the tower. "Maybe I should check on him."

"That's not what I meant," he told her. 

"I know," she sighed, "I'm not sure what I'll do now but that is a start. You said I was or still am a healer. Maybe I can help."

Legolas bowed his head, "Na lû e-govaned vîn"

Edith repeated his actions, "Na lû e-govaned vîn"

1801 Words