IX

Azog and his white Warg jumped over Thorin, knocking him down in the process.

"Help!" Erlanda's attention was moved from Thorin, who was still lying on his back, to Dori. The dwarf with the grey hair was barely able to hold on to Gandalf's staff and the Wizard had difficulties holding up the dwarf who still had his brother dangling from his foot.

As Thorin let out a loud scream, Erlanda turned to him again, only to see Bilbo making his way to the King who was now between the sharp teeth of the white warg. "Thorin! No!" Dwalin yelled and tried to make his way to his brother in arms but the branch on which he was leaning snapped and made the Dwarf fall. Luckily, the branch hadn't snapped entirely and Dwalin was still hanging onto a small piece of wood.

Thorin continued to scream in agony, his eyes closed and face scrunched up in pain as the warg chewed on him but he managed to get his sword arm free and swung the blade down onto the wargs head. The Warg shook his head and let Thorin go who flew against a rock and didn't stand up again.

The pale orc said something to another who quickly got off his warg and pulled his weapon. He walked towards Thorin who was too wounded to stand up and went to cut off his head but Bilbo jumped at him, making him stumble and fall to the ground.

The Orc tried to reach up and get the Hobbit off of him but Bilbo quickly plunged his sword into the Orc's chest, killing him. He stood up and walked in front of Thorin, his swords raised before Azog. He began slashing in front of him as three wargs with their riders came walking towards him but he didn't step away from Thorin.

Erlanda saw how Kili and Fili started to climb toward their uncle and started to follow them. As soon as they arrived land, along with Dwalin, they pulled their weapons and ran towards the wargs, getting them away from Bilbo and Thorin. Erlanda slashed her sword against the muzzle of the warg in front of her and the wolf-like creature shook his head to the other side, which gave the orc on it's back the perfect opportunity to slash at her.

She blocked the orc's blow and then ducked as it tried again. She was now at the warg's rear and stabbed it in the side. It howled in pain and went to turn around but was abruptly lifted off its feet and thrown over the edge by a giant eagle.

Erlanda watched as the Eagles started to pick up wargs and orcs and toss them over the edge. Soon, one of them gently picked up Thorin and another picked up the Hobbit before letting him fall. Erlanda's eyes widened and she ran to the edge only to see that Bilbo had safely landed on the back of one of the eagles.

Her relief didn't last long as she was picked up herself and thrown onto the back of another eagle. She landed behind another dwarf who tuned out to be Gloin and held onto the bird as good as she could.

They flew the whole night until the Eagles put them down onto a large rock. Erlanda was happy to have ground under her again. While she wasn't afraid of heights, the feeling of flying on the back of a giant bird made her feel uneasy.

As she was steady on the ground, she heard Gandalf tell Thorin: "Bilbo is here. He's quite safe."

Thorin stood up with the help of Dwalin and Kili. "You!" he said to Bilbo. "What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed!" stepping closer to Bilbo he continued, "Did I not say that you were a burden? That you would not survive in the Wild? That you had no place amongst us?" Bilbo looked to the ground. "I have never been so wrong in my entire life." Thorin engulfed the small Hobbit in a hung and the Company started cheering.

"But I'm sorry I doubted you," Thorin said. "No, I would have doubted me too." the Hobbit replied. "I'm not a hero or a warrior." With a look at Gandalf, he added, "Not even a burglar." which made the company chuckle. 

The eagles flew away squawking and Thorin started to walk closer to the edge of the rock they had landed on. "Is that what I think it is?" Bilbo asked. They all made their way to the edge to look at a mountain in the distance. 

"What's that?" Erlanda asked. "Erebor," Gandalf explained. "The Lonely Mountain...the last of the great Dwarf kingdoms of Middle-Earth."

"Our home." Thorin smiled. Erlanda looked from the dwarves to the mountain, "So that's where we're going."

Their attention was brought off of the mountain as they saw a bird fly past them. "A raven," Oin commented. "The birds are returning to the mountain.

"That, my dear Oin," Gandalf corrected, "is a thrush."

"But we'll see it as a sign," Thorin said. "A good omen."

Bilbo nodded, "You're right. I do believe the worst is behind us."

880 Words

That was the end of the first movie.