not so different

colbys a loser
ur a kool kid.

"please ms. Karol, dont make me work with him! he never does anything! i bet he won't even help me with the project!" i begged the teacher. she shook her head, "no y/n, he's got potential just give him a chance." she rejected me and i made my way to the back of the class with despise, next to Cole Robert Brock.

"okay Cole, looks like we're doing this together." i said annoyed, he rolled his eyes and pushed his hair back, "call me Colby."
"ok Colby, don't expect us to become friends, after we finish this project, i'll stay as far from you as i can." i scoffed, "thanks." he rolled his eyes again. "meet me by the front of the school after classes and you can come-over to start our project." i set, he nodded, "okay."

i didn't hate Colby, he just didn't seem to care about his grades, which i cared about mine, and i wanted us to do good on this project. Colby wasn't the popular guy at school, he was goofy and had Sam and Jake by his side, but i never gave myself the time to become friends with him, i was too busy with my own group, the jocks, they tended to like me a lot but i rejected them, they weren't really ever my type.
i always felt intrigued by Colby and his best friends. But i wasn't going to make this loser think i'd ever be interested in being friends.

"I'm here." Colby said, standing behind me and i jumped up, "good let's go." i pulled his arm to my car and we drove off to my house.
Colby walked in hesitantly and we went upstairs to my bedroom, the house was empty, at least for another three hours until mom got home from work.

"so we start from here." i explained to Colby on our sheet of directions. We began doing our work until Colby's phone blew up with texts.
"sam is wondering where i am." he said replying to his texts, "tell him you're here." i shrugged. Colby looked up at me, his blue eyes piercing into my soul, "you're okay with that?" he asked innocently, "of course." i replied, his blue eyes looked away from mine and i took a moment to catch my breath as if i hadn't been breathing.

"this project is boring." Colby said throwing his book across my bed. i chuckled, "that's true." i admitted. he bit his lip thinking for a moment.
"what's your favourite thing to do?" he asked.
"i like watching exploration videos." i said, i hadn't told anybody that from school, they'd call it stupid or something. i felt comfortable with Colby knowing though. "really?" he asked surprised and i nodded, "well we aren't friends or anything but Sam and i have this cool abandoned place we like to visit from time to time, we're going tonight, want to come?" he asked, without thinking i nodded, "yes omg please."

later that night

small knocks were heard on my window and i had quickly thrown on my black sweater. I climbed out of my window and Colby accompanied me by laughing as we ran away.
"where's Sam?" i asked, "couldn't make it, his mom's sleeping with her door open, he can't sneak to the back door without making no noise. "oh what a pity." i replied, he chuckled, "so you really like exploring?" he asked, as if he was still shocked. "yea, asylums and cool stuff, its just fun to see old things that people once used to be at or whatever its stupid." i shrugged looking away as we continued to walk.
"no! never doubt this. it's amazing, i understand every word you just said, i love this, i wanna make a career out of it one day. i promise you i will." his words made me feel less ashamed and i casually smiled at him.
"can i join in on this career?" i asked and he chuckled, "yeah, if you don't care about being popular then, maybe." he said harshly, "i'm not that bad." he shook his head, "you're that bad."
i sighed, "maybe i am, but i'm trying to work on it." he raised an eyebrow, "are we friends then?" he asked, i nodded, "i guess so."

We made our way to the abandoned building he spoke about and i quickly ran inside but Colby grabbed my hand, "be careful, sometimes there's homeless people." he gripped onto my hand and i didn't feel bothered. i liked it. he intertwined his fingers with mine as we walked inside, our flashlights lighting up the darkness. we began walking around and luckily there weren't any people inside.

Colby and i sat on the roof until the sun rised, talking about ourselves, id realized he was an outstanding person, one i could grow quite fond of, i have grown fond of. i began to think i had a crush on this black ripped jeans wearing boy.

"i'll walk you home." he said as we made our way down. we had looked at the stars all night and i still felt awake even if i hadn't slept at all.
"Colby why'd you invite me here?" i asked as we walked to my home, he thought about the question for a second and answered, "because i knew you were a good person, you just had to realize it first, that popularity isn't important." he said as we stood in front of my home. i smiled pushing my hair behind my ear, "you're right." i looked into his blue eyes once more and this time Colby Brock wasn't a loser he was my new world. "plus i've sorta always had a crush on you y/n, no matter, how mean you got." he admitted blushing slightly, i chuckled and bit my lip, suddenly i was blushing.
"thats good to know." i said in response, i turned to go back to my window but i turned back to face Colby and peck his lips quickly, making my way to my bedroom window, he smiled at me as i shut it and i fell into bed, a smile on my lips, wondering why social classes even existed?