twenty

"Does today really have to be our last day?" Soda whined. I continued to pack my suitcase. "Yes, Soda, it does. We can't stay here forever. I have to go home and so do you. You're acting like we are never going to see each other again. We basically live together anyway so what does it matter?" Soda pouted and laid down on the bed.

"Yeah but I can't just make out with you at your house! Your dad would have a fit! And we would no doubt get interrupted at mine so..."

"You know, relationships aren't all about making out. We can spend time with each other without locking lips."

"I know that, but don't you just love the feel of my lips against yours?"

"When did I say I didn't?" Soda snickered and I continued packing. Finally I finished and plopped on the bed next to Soda. We kind of just lied there for a while, enjoying each other's company. The peacefulness ended with the ring of the doorbell. "I got it," I sighed, climbing off the bed. I trudged downstairs and opened the door.

"Oh, hey Dal. What's up?" I greeted my best friend. I ushered him inside and he leaned against the door

"I just wanted to know if you guys were coming tonight." That's right. I totally forgot about the party at Buck's.

"Yeah, yeah, we'll be there. Details?"

"Come whenever. There is no time limit with Buck's parties." I nodded.

"What do I wear?" Dally shrugged.

"I don't know kid, wear whatever you want. I think Steve and Evie are going so if you want to ask her. She's been to plenty parties. This is your first here, ain't it?"

"They are? Okay good, I'll call her later. And yeah, it is." Dally and I continued talking for a while until Soda came down.

"Alright well, I'll see you later I guess. Bye Stel, Soda," Dally called as he left. I filled Soda in on the party and everything and then shooed him upstairs to pack up.

"WE'RE LEAVING IN AN HOUR!" I yelled up the stairs.

"WHATEVER," Soda called back. Sometimes I forget that he's older than me by seven months. But he does look older than me so...that's how I remember. I rolled my eyes at him and started to clean the downstairs. All I had left to do was vacuum, so that was easy enough. I finished that quickly but Soda still wasn't done.

"What is taking you so long?" I yelled.

"I need help!" he whined. I sighed and trudged up the stairs. It looked like a tornado ripped through the room. "What the hell did you do?" Soda shrugged. I pinched the bridge of my nose. "All you had to do was put your clothes back in the suitcase and zip it up. What is so hard about that?"

"I couldn't find my DX shirt..."

"YOU DIDN'T' BRING IT BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T HAVE WORK STUPID," I hollered, but I soon began to laugh. Soda smiled and began laughing. I walked over and sat down next to him. "You're so cute Soda, I can't be mad at you. Just start putting your things back in and I will make the bed and stuff." Soda gave me a thumbs-up and I got up and flung the clothes off the bed at Soda. They landed all over him and I giggled. He glared at me and began to throw them in the suitcase. I proceeded to make the bed and fix the lamps and little knick-knacks. About half-an-hour later we both finished. It was a bittersweet moment. Soda and I wheeled our suitcases down stairs and left them on the porch.

"I don't wanna leave," I complained. Soda walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me, placing his chin on my head.

"I know, I know, but we get to come back right? Come on, we'll have plenty fun at other places, won't we?"