ten

Soda's POV

"Soda. Soda! You have to get Stella! I'll stay with Pony," Darry whispered as he shook me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the sunlight streaming in through the window. Stella. OHMYGOD. I never called Stella and told her that Ponyboy was home. She's gonna kill me. Better look nice for her to change her mind. I climbed out of bed and Darry relaxed into the chair by his bed. I hopped in the shower real quick and then got dressed into jeans and a white t-shirt with a plaid button down that I left open. Once I shoved some cake down my throat, I hopped in the truck and drove to the nearest airport. The only thing on my mind was being able to actually hold her in my arms again, feel the comfort of her lips against mine. My daydreaming almost caused me to run a red light. I cursed under my breath multiple times on the way there. Finally, I pulled up to the airport and I parked (terribly I may add) and ran inside. Luckily, the plane had just landed and the passengers were waiting to get off. I leaned back in the little plastic chair and closed my eyes. Yesterday was long. From the moment we found out that Dally went to "see his friends", Darry and I were sitting by the phone all day. Then at night we got the call that Pony was at the hospital, and Johnny was in critical conditions with severe burns. Dally had slight burns on his arm but was required to stay overnight. Darry and I didn't get to bed until at least four or five in the mornin' and I had to be up at 1:00 to pick up Stella. The shouting of people finally woke me up and I opened my eyes to see people filing out into the airport. My eyes frantically searched for Stella's long dark brown hair but I saw nothing. Oh God, please don't have let anything happen to her, I prayed. As I searched the crowd, my eyes locked with a pair of very familiar bright blue ones. Stella.

I fought through the crowd of people to get to her. When I was finally close enough to see her fully, I was utterly shocked. She was wearing a white leather jacket, tight light blue jeans, and high top navy blue Converse. Her make-up was out of this world. (I mean, she doesn't need to look beautiful because she is naturally, but it doesn't hurt.) And her hair. Shoot, she looked amazing. Her long dark locks were cut just below shoulder, and it was much lighter than before. She had long, side bangs pushed to the side, and her hair was pin straight. There were some light blonde highlights thrown in there, and it only made her tan skin glow. Seriously, she was GLOWING. I was snapped out of my day dream by Stella waving her hand in front of my face.

"Are you in there?" she asked. I blinked a couple times and returned to Earth.

"Yeah. I- uh... you look... amazing, Stella Mae." She twirled around and then jutted out her hip, popping her gum.

"You like?" I nodded. She giggled and then walked past me towards baggage claim. I watched her for a little and then chased her. When I found her in the crowd, she already had her bags in hand and she was ready to go. She saw me and then she paraded off towards the parking lot. Once again, I chased after her.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" I yelled.

"To the truck, why?" I finally caught up to her at the truck and I grabbed the suitcase from her bag and threw it in the bed. I leaned my body weight against the car with Stella in between my arms.

"Why have I not gotten my 'hello wonderful boyfriend I missed you so much' kiss?" I asked, looking her in the eyes. She smiled bashfully and dropped her head.

"Well, I wasn't about to make out with you in an airport know was I?" She then slipped out between my arms and got into the passenger seat. I smirked and climbed in next to her. She grabbed my hand and leaned against my arm as I drove towards the house.

***

We sat in the driveway, the car turned off and Stella holding both of my hands.

"Uh Stella, there's something I kind of forgot to tell you..." Her eyes widened.