five

"Anything Soda, you know that."

"I know what people are thinking; two people can't love each other after meeting only a month ago. Well, they're so WRONG. I love you more than anyone I have ever loved before. I don't care if I love you before we are technically "dating." I don't care about the stupid labels people get. When you love someone, you love someone. It doesn't matter how long you have known them for, or if your dating, getting married, or already married." I was utterly and entirely shocked. Soda just told me that he loved me. I must have been quiet for too long because Soda's face looked hurt.

"I love you too, Sodapop Patrick Curtis." The biggest smile I've ever seen crept onto Soda's face.

"Really?"

"Of course, silly!" Both of us wore matching smiles, I really wish that someone had it on camera. Soda laid down on the blanket and I laid down next to him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I snuggled in.

"This is the perfect end to the perfect date," I whispered, "Can we do it every day?" Soda laughed.

"I wish baby, but it would take all the fun out of it if we did. But you can come over to the DX after school every day."

"It would be my pleasure." I heard someone or something in the brush so I quickly sat up and whipped my head towards the noise. I felt my whole body tense up and apparently Soda did too because he sat up as well.

"Hey, it's okay," Soda comforted. I wasn't going to take my eyes of the brush until the thing showed itself. My whole body relaxed when I saw that it was only Two-Bit, Dally, and Gemma.

"How long have you three been there?" I asked.

"Soda wanted me to get pictures of your face when he told you so..." Two-Bit replied as he held up the camera. I chuckled.

"You're too darn cute Sodapop," I said as I kissed his nose.

"I know," Soda answered as pretended to flip his hair back. I couldn't contain the giggle.

"You're laugh is so cute," Soda remarked.

"Okay, love birds are you ready to go?" Dally asked. Soda and I blushed.

"Can't we take Darry's truck?" I asked, batting my eyelashes.

"Definitely." I helped Soda pack up the stuff and I thanked Gemma, Two-Bit, and Dally for everything. They got into Dally's car and drove away. Soda and I were the only ones left.

"Soda, can I ditch tomorrow so we can spend the day together?"

"No, I will not let you because you have a large chance of getting into college. I will not let what happened to me happen to you."

"Soda, it's only one day. I'll pretend I was sick; it's not a big deal! I'm not even in senior year yet!"

"Nope. No way, Jose. We'll spend the weekend together, I promise," Soda said, sticking out his pinkie. I locked my pinkie around his and said, "Pinkie promise." For the rest of the ride home, we just talked about random things. We pulled up to my house and the lights were all off. Strange, I thought to myself. Soda walked me to the door. He grabbed my waist and pulled me into him. I tangled my hands in his hair as we kissed. I finally pulled away.

"Goodnight my love," I whispered.

"Goodnight princess." Soda walked to the truck and waved goodbye as he drove away. I unlocked the door and walked in. Mom and Dad were out so I just went up to my room and got into my pajamas. I was watching TV and eating a bowl of ice cream when I heard a knock at the door. I got up and answered.