~~~~~~~~~~~

"Julie!" I sing as I open up the door to her house.

Her parents were at work and her brother just joined a summer soccer thing, well at least that's how Julie explained it.

To bad for them though, they didn't get to hear my amazing singing voice.

... that is non existent.

"That was beautiful." Luke snorts as I start to hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

I watch as Julie comes into view.

"Hey Ella-..." but she stops as soon as she sees who's behind me.

"Hi.. Luke." Julie says as she shifts her weight from one foot to the other.

"Hey Julie, can we.. talk?" Luke asks, Julie looks at me first, and I nod my head.

"I'll be eating all the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charm's cereal, take your time." I say as I make my way to the kitchen.

"Ella Sanders don't you dare!" Julie yells from behind me.

"Sorry, can't hear you, cereal box calling my name."

I laugh as I hear "Cereal killer" and "just like Ashton"

When I get to the box, however, I can't help but overhear some of the words.

I'm not a bad person right?

I just... ehh...

"Julie I'm so sorry, I never meant to yell at you like that."

"It's okay, I know. But you were right, I should have told you sooner."

"Was she.. really pregnant when we were dating?"

I don't know why.. but when he said that...

It was like... it hurt to hear it.

Hurt to hear he was with another girl.

I know Luke is one of those guys who has had a lot of previous girlfriends.

But it never hurt me like this before.

I hear shuffling, and soon, they are walking back into the kitchen with smiles on their faces.

Well, that was until Julie saw me, "You monster!!"

"What?" But it didn't come out clear because my mouth was stuffed with the marshmallows.

"Give me the box." Julie says cautiously as she takes a step forward.

"Never." I take a step back.

Next thing I know, she takes off into a sprint, our laughter filling up the whole entire kitchen as I shove the marshmallows in my mouth.

To try to get away, I run behind Luke as he puts his hands up in surrender.

"No fair!" Julie laughs as she tries to get around Luke.