Chapter 13

Okay first I would like to a pologise for two things. The shortness of the chapter and the my awful poety/song writing. I'm serious I suck at it. But here is the newest chapter of Dragon princess. Please comment, vote, and enjoy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zartiyil’s POV

The rest of my day with Minnie at the market had been uneventful compared to me gaining this animal. The wolf, as Minnie and the man who gave him to me had called it, at first would give me side glances from my arms as if he was thinking on whether or not he could trust me. I would always give a reassuring smile in return to his glances. Minnie spotted a certain person and told me to stay put while she ran off.

“These humans can’t stay put can they? They always seem to be doing something…” I told myself and I saw Dextu nod in agreement. Minnie then came running back all out of breath.

“I’m sorry Zartiyil. I just knew her from my childhood and wanted to say hi.” Minnie began to explain why she had left but I barely paid attention to it. My mind was focused on my fingers which were now running though the fur that cover Dextu’s body.

“No not bother yourself with an explanation Minnie. I do not mind that you went to see an old friend. Seeing old friends are like reliving happy memories, you could spend all day doing it.” I absently told her in a relaxed and dazed voice.

“Oh well, then I guess we should be heading back to the castle. You look as if you might just fall asleep here any minute! I also have to prepare another for…” Her words again drained away from my ears as I went to take a step and felt my legs feel all tingly and difficult to move. But nonetheless I followed Minnie back to the castle we had come from.

I didn’t mean any rudeness by not listening or responding to any try she made to start a conversation. But it was now obvious that the events of earlier days and now ere setting in. Now all I wanted to do was curl up and sleep for a very long time.

Minnie led me back to the room I had woken up from earlier, any damage I might’ve done with the fights I had gotten in was cleaned up. I set down Dextu at the foot of the bed and simply crawled on in, I didn’t even have time to bid Minnie good day as sleep overtook me.

I was flying.

And I was home.

It was the most magical feeling ever as I saw my home. The throne room was just as gigantic and beautiful as the day when I first saw it. I landed and ran straight into it expecting to see my Uncle Zan and his mate. But alas they weren’t in there. I began my way home, to the nest Mama lived in and where she raised Zralor and I. But nobody was there either.

Where could they be?

I began to look around all of the Dragon World but I didn’t see anybody. Not my Mama, Zralor, or anybody. Then the sound of singing caught my ears. It was low and melodious and sang of tales of old. I ran in the direction of the singing, in the area where we would hold our festivals were all of the dragons.

My uncle was sitting higher than the rest with his mate. They seemed to be laughing at the silly antics of the younglings. In the far side of the area was by brother, Zralor. But he was surrounded by several dragonesses that were all swooning as if he was the most handsome creature they had seen.

Lastly in the middle was my Mama. She was swaying back and forth while singing her song.

Oh great Xal