Chapter 18

Hello all my lovely readers! Okay I know this has been a super long time since my last update and I am so so soooooooooo sorry! For part of the  summer so far I had been away on vacation in France and Italy. Then when I came back I went to the beach. And the rest of the time I had not been on vacation I couldn't write due to writers block. But I am cured and was able to write chapter 18. And to make up to you guys for all your devotion and constant comments I am offering two things for you guys! 1. At the end of this chapter I introduce a new character. And if you want to comment you can down before to name this new character! I will choose the best one to be the character's name! 2. If you want to you can message me a character you made. I will choose one of them and put it into story. Both of these are only if you want to and a way to make up for how awesome you guys have been. Again sorry this took so long and I hope you enjoy this chapter! I promise one day to go back thru all my work and fix my errors but for now bare with me, I am only human.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zartiyil’s POV

The sweat beaded down my faced as I breathed in. The sun was setting just behind the castle and I squint to see the target. My arrow was notched and ready to be released at the target. As I ease out my breath I let the arrow fly from its spot. The arrow flies to the target and hit dead center.

“You know Princess, never have I seen someone take to archery as fast as you have. Not even the Duke. Ya got a real gift you know that?” Jack chuckled as he walked up behind me placing a hand on my shoulder. He gripped it roughly and shook it a few times.

I simply giggled and shook his hand off. “As a princess I have to be able to master things quickly and efficiently. At least that’s what my Uncle taught me when I was young.” I smiled and stick my tongue out at him. So far it has been two weeks since Jack has started teaching me archery. It has been some of the best days I’ve had here since I arrived.

Jack has been an even better friend than I had first imagined. To be honest when I first met him I never thought he and I would see eye to eye. But every day he has become more and more like a father figure. Just some sense of safety comes from his grips on my shoulder which he seems to do a lot.

Dextu yipped playfully at my heels as he ran in circles around me.  I laughed and squatted down to look at him at eye level. In return I got my face showered with licks and the occasional nip.

“Okay! Okay, down Dextu down.” I tried my best to be stern but I couldn’t help it. Living here has made me soft, and Dextu’s cuteness doesn’t help much.

“Easy there pup, the Princess can start your ‘cuddle-fest’ once I tell her the plan for tomorrow.” Jack used air quotes with his fingers at cuddle-fest. Dextu responded by giving a deep growl which cracked into a squeak. It made both Jack and me burst out in laughter.

“What am I learning tomorrow oh great and wise Lord Jack?” I ask sarcastically as I stand up, with Dextu’s bark of protest.

Jack puffs out his chest and start stroking his nonexistent beard. I simply smirk and take the chance to elbow him in the chest. He staggers back a few steps then gathered himself.

“Tomorrow I will take you out horseback riding. Once you master riding we’ll practice archery on horseback. With your talent shouldn’t take more than a couple of weeks. Now off to bed Princess! Ya got to do tomorrow.” I smiled and give Jack a one armed hug.

“See you in the morning Jack.” I head into the castle with Dextu following at my heels. By instinct I go down the hall I know leads to my room. I could practically feel my joints sigh in relief as I caught sight of my door. I reach out for the handle-