Chapter 12

First I would like to thank those that are commenting, voting, fanning me, and adding my story to their libraries! So THANK YOU! I couldn't have gotten over a thousand views without you guys! You guys are amazing! Any who, I originally made this story to be just one solid story, short and simple with no sequels. I didn't even think it would get that many views! I am close to naming the world they live in and having other books that merge into main story! Due to all the support I am getting I may just do that! So please comment below on said idea and also this chapter! Remember to vote, comment, and all the other stuff ya do! Happy reading! Oh and the pic to the side (if it shows up) is a certain council member who will be introduced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zralor’s POV

The attack did not go quite as it was planned.

As I flew dodging in and out from the range of the human’s weapons my mind seemed to merge with my instincts. It was something that the veteran warriors had told me about back when I was just a youngling. Back then I didn’t quite understand what they had been talking about. But now I knew. When you’re actually on the battlefield all reasoning just melts away; only leaving the warrior’s instinct.

Zartiyil had been perched on my head giving me advice about incoming attacks. Part of me was glad that we flew as one in battle while the other told me it wasn’t supposed to be me she was perched on. She should be with her own dragon, not me. For that split second I slowed when I remembered that, I felt something cold and hard wrap around my wings. Next thing I know I was falling.

Down. Down. Down I went and was plummeting towards the water around the human’s fortress. Is this it? Am I really to die this soon? My poor mate…

Suddenly I felt my wings break loose from the grip of the human’s trap. I don’t know how or why but I didn’t question it. I snapped my wings out and started flying back up. My power is restored! I went back and fought with my people.

As I gripped one of the human catapults and prepped to toss it was when I noticed the reins that Zartiyil was holding were flapping around smacking me on the head.

“Get a grip Zartiyil! This is far from over!” I roared at her. But no answer. That was strange. She just may be scared from the battle.

With a roar I threw the catapult far away. I couldn’t even hear it crash over the roar of the battle. I started gliding over the human fortress and breathed fire onto a long steam of humans. They screamed and ran. Some that were closer merely fell over limp. Ha! These humans do not know the fire power of a dragon!

I went to another area of the human’s fortress where they were firing these strange weapons into the air. They couldn’t even penetrate our thick hides! Ha! These humans make me laugh. At that moment I made another slip up. One of the humans noticed me and shot one of his weapons up. The blasted thing got me in the eye! I can’t see!

Letting out a roar of pain I clutched my now bleeding eye. I used my now only seeing eye to survey the battle. It was mayhem! Fire being shot and breathed! Dragons falling, humans dying. So this is what a battle really looks like.

This is nothing like how others have described to me. There was no glory. There was no pride. Only death. Of both dragon and human. I let out a signal roar and began flying back towards home. Home is the only place I wanna be right now. Far away from death and pain. Back home with my Mama and Zartiyil eating Lumi berries for breakfast.

As we flew my eyes only bothered me more. I kept bumping into other dragons returning that were flying on the right side of me. The eye that had been shot still has the human weapon sticking out of it. The bleeding didn’t help my dizziness.