Chapter 9

Okay here is the long awaited chapter 9 of Dragon Princess! Sorry I kept you waiting so long! School got kinda busy! Anywho enjoy this chapter! And please don't forget so comment and vote!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zartiyil’s POV

Soft. That’s all I felt when I was coming to. Just pure softness. Is this what the great afterlife of the Xal Realm feels like? I secretly always wondered what it felt to lie down and rest on such a soft thing when I was growing up. But I always came to the conclusion that the rough, hard ground of my nest was far better.

My nest…I wonder if Mama was upset when I didn’t return with my brother? I want to open my eyes and try to find my way around my new place of eternal resting. Maybe I could find the great Kings and Warriors of the past here! Oh what I wouldn’t give to see my Mama’s mate and my Brother’s father here. Would he even like me? After all despite being a dragon at heart, I am still imprisoned in this weak human body!

I should open my eyes. Yes, that will be the first step I will take to start this hard path down my eternal resting. Just open my eyes…why won’t they open. I try and twinge the muscles of my body to move but they would not even do that. It was as if I was being held down by an unseen force. As if…

No! No! That couldn’t happen! I did all good things in my life, I never once lied, betrayed a friend or family, and I never murdered someone out of cold blood. So why would I end up in the Bal Realm! The Realm ruled by the great Xal’s evil twin brother, who wanted to a harsh and cruel god to all and gave no mercy.

Every young one learned the story of the two great dragon Gods, Xal and Bal. If I cannot come to at this moment, then I have nothing better to do then remember the story as I imagined it when my Mama told me so many years ago. The story of the falling out between the twin brothers.

It was at the beginning of time. Right when the Human’s God had created Adam and Eve. A dragon egg appeared from nowhere. Some say that the mighty force of their power had created them from their own natural will. While humans believe that their all-powerful God had created the dragon egg. Who ever made the egg did not matter.

All that mattered was it was there.

The egg sat in a volcano that lay sleeping on the planted. The heat of the lava kept the egg from losing it fertile shell. The egg was the first and there for had no other dragon to warm the shell with their fire from the heart.

It sat there for many moons, until one day a large crack formed on the shell. It got bigger and larger until it burst out in a bright stream of light that blinded the whole planet. The volcano woke up from the mighty power unleashed by the hatching and erupted just as two fully grown dragons burst with said lava.

It was then said they began to fly skies with such skills that nobody had seen before. They had no names given to them, because they have no birthing parents so they gave themselves names.

The first to emerge called himself Xal. Xal was said to be the more regal of the two. His scales never stayed one color they kept changing from one shade to another. Every color imaginable. To show how in tune he was with his future dragon sons and daughters.

Xal had the greater talons, fangs, and enough strength to move the moons when it covered the sun. His very essence commanded respect without him even opening his snout to ask for. Despite all his strength, Xal never wanted to hurt another living soul.

he nest to emerge was Xal’s younger brother. He called himself Bal. Bal had a color that his brother could never perfectly match. His scales were the color of the night sky, even darker. Despite also being a dragon God, Bal could never compare to Xal. That is where the first emotion that Bal ever felt began. And it was said when he first felt it, that was all he ever felt from that moment on.