seven

𝒯he sun had just begun to cast its golden glow upon the city as Heejin stirred from her slumber, only to be greeted by the presence of a young woman standing beside her bed.

Ms Kang, as she introduced herself, appeared poised and professional, exuding an air of efficiency.

With sleep still weighing heavy on her eyelids, Heejin squinted at Ms Kang, struggling to fully comprehend the situation.

"Why are you here?" she mumbled, her voice husky and unsteady.

A gentle smile curved on Ms Kang's lips as she replied, "Chairman Lee has requested my assistance in preparing you for the party. My name is Kang Heesoo, but you can call me Ms Kang."

Letting out a deep sigh, Heejin realized that the party was no longer a distant event but a reality that demanded her attention.

"But the party isn't until 6 pm later—" she began to protest, only to be interrupted by the sight of the wall clock, its hands pointing firmly at 8 a.m.

With a knowing smile, Ms Kang tugged at Heejin's comforter, urging her to rise from her cozy sanctuary. "You are the main event, Miss Heejin. There is much to be done."

And so, the flurry of preparations began. Heejin found herself whisked away to a luxurious dress boutique, where a team of skilled tailors and stylists awaited her arrival.

With every pin and measurement, her custom-designed gown began to take shape, its intricate details reflecting her family's prestigious status.

Next, they ventured into the realm of beauty, making their way to an exclusive salon renowned for its indulgent treatments.

Heejin was pampered from head to toe, her locks expertly styled into an elegant updo, and her makeup artfully applied to enhance her natural beauty.

As the hours passed, Heejin's reflection in the mirror transformed. The radiant debutante stared back at her, adorned in a breathtaking gown that accentuated her graceful figure, her hair cascading in intricate waves, and her eyes shimmering with a touch of glamour.

Ms Kang, with her keen eye for detail, ensured that every aspect of Heejin's appearance was flawless.

From the delicate accessories adorning her neck and wrists to the dainty heels gracing her feet, no detail was overlooked.

Amidst the whirlwind of preparations, Heejin couldn't help but feel a mixture of excitement and apprehension.

The weight of her family's expectations bore down upon her slender shoulders, and the realization of the evening ahead settled upon her like a delicate veil.

As the final touches were meticulously attended to, Heejin took a deep breath, steadying her nerves.

The debutante party awaited her, a realm filled with elegance, sophistication, and the mingling of influential figures.

She knew that tonight, she would step into the spotlight, embodying the grace and poise expected of her lineage.

With Ms Kang by her side, guiding her through the grand halls of the King Hotel, the opulent venue chosen to host her debutante party.

The air was thick with anticipation, and the soft hum of conversations filled the space, mingling with the melodies of a string quartet playing in the background.

Ms Kang, adorned with a discreet earpiece, remained in constant communication with the unseen orchestrators of the event.

As the moment approached for Heejin to make her grand entrance, a hushed cue echoed through Ms Kang's earpiece.