three

𝓐fter introducing herself to the class, Heejin received a warm welcome of applause.

Heejin began to feel more relaxed after seeing the smiles and cheers from her classmates and apparently, Woobin was also in the same class.

He was smiling from ear to ear when she walked into the classroom earlier.

"Oh, where is our Mr Prez?" Mr Yoo asked after noticing there was an empty seat in the furthest right corner on the first row. The seat was next to the window.

"The Prez is in the hall right now with the rest of the council members." Woobin, who sat in the second row behind the empty seat answered.

Mr Yoo nodded in acknowledgement before turning to face Heejin. "Heejin, do you have any seat you prefer?"

"I can sit anywhere. I'm not that picky. "

Heejin scanned the classroom. The seats were all occupied except for the one at the next on the window on the last row.

As if on cue, the first period bell rang and Heejin quickly made her way to the back of the class to settle down.

Woobin pouted as she walked pass by the row while she briefly tapped his arm to let him know that she's going to be alright sitting at the back.

Mr Yoo left for his class and Ms Jang walkes in through the door wearing her brightest smile as the whole classroom greeted her enthusiastically. It seemed that she is well loved by the kids.

The rest of the classes passed by in a blur and now Heejin's already packing her things before departing to the school hall for the freshman welcoming ceremony.

"Heejin! I'm sorry but I won't be able to walk with you to the hall." Woobin rushed over to her as soon as he's finished packing with an apologetic pout on his face.

"Aww that's okay. I can get there on my own." Heejin replied, nodding in understatement.

Woobin waved at her in a hurry before dashing right to the door but halted as something passes in his mind. "Make sure you are seated near the stage, alright!"

Heejin didn't manage to react as Woobin bolted right after, leaving dust behind as she tried to process his words but shrugs it off.

"Heejin... right?"

As Heejin shoved the last of her textbook into her bag, someone approached her hesitantly.

Heejin looked up and found a girl, likely her classmate, whom she hasn't been introduced to yet, but Heejin eyes shone brightly making the hesitation disappears from the girl's face.

"Yup, I'm Heejin. And you are...?"

"Oh, I'm Choi Areum." she said with a shy smile as she tucked stray hair behind her ears.

Heejin scanned her quickly from the top to the bottom and mentally ate her fist at how cute she is.

She had a pair of big bright dark eyes and straight long hair tied to a braided ponytail. The tip of her nose was slightly pink, and her cheeks were so flushed.

The school uniform looked perfect on her that if someone told her Areum the model for the uniform, she would believe it.

"I was wondering if you'd mind me accompanying you to the hall, you know, since you're new..." Areum said, the reds on cheeks were brighter now.