Part 17: A Battle?

~(Y/n) Pov

     I started to freak out, I knew coming without my mask and hood was a terrible idea! Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

     "Don't worry, I'm sure they don't know who you are," he whispered so the other two wouldn't hear us. I gave him a crazy look.

     "They kidnapped me as a kid! I'm sure they know what I looked like!" I whispered-yelled at him. I glanced over at them, they were chatting and looking over the menu. Ander looked over, making me look away to avoid eye contact. My stomach started to knot and my head started hurting. I was scared.....

     "Like I said, calm down, they probably won't even see you past me. If they do, they probably won't recognize you right away," he did have a good point, he was taller than me, and he was leaned over so I was mostly covered. My hair and eyes have darkened over the years and I had a scar on my cheek that I didn't have before I left the Homestuck base.

     "Uh, yeah, you're right," I spoke too soon as Ander, Georgie, and Christian walked over to our booth. I started sweating, no no no n-

     "Hey guys, who knew we would bump into each other," Christian spoke, smiling. I didn't trust that smile.

     "Oh, hey you three, that is a coincidence," Sans faked a smile as he spoke.

     "Who's that? I've never seen her before," Ander asked, pointing to me.

     "Oh, that's a friend of Sans',"Undyne told them.

     "Her na-"

     "I I'm Rose," I interrupted Sans, I didn't know what kind of fake name he was about to give me so I'll just go with my mothers name.

     "I beautiful name for a woman of your looks," Christian winked at me, I almost gagged. Well, I know for sure he doesn't know I'm Flame.

~Sans Pov

     I growled quietly at that comment. Why for, I didn't know. I just didn't like it coming out of his mouth, or that gross wink.

     "Uh, thanks..." (Y/n) was uncomfortable with that comment, I could tell from the tone of voice.

     "Is she in the Mafia with us?" Ander asked, I shook my head.

     "She's working in college at the moment," I lied, now I have to think of something she would major in...

     "Yep, I'm majoring in (Favorite Subject)," she smiled as she spoke. She was slowly getting better at lying.

     "What do ya know, I'm pretty smart at that as well," Christian lied. Terrible lier, yet a good spy.

~(Y/n) Pov

     "Oh, that's cool," I lied, can this dude be any more dumb? Trying to lie to impress someone.

     "Can she fight?" Ander asked, like I wasn't there.

     "Can you?" Sans looked to me, asking to see if I wanted them to how if I could or not.

     "It's a side thing I'm learning how to do, so yes," I told them. By the look of Ander's eyes, he had an idea.

     "Then why don't we see how strong you are?" Oh gosh...

     "Wouldn't I be at a disadvantage? Don't God Teirs have powers unlike normal humans?" I asked, acting like I was normal.

     "We won't use them so it'll be fair," I thought for a moment.

     "Sure, But I don't think I'd be able to today, maybe another time?" I questioned.

     "That's alright, I can ask my boss for a battle spot for us to do it in, and maybe Flame could judge?" He looked at me, trying not to smirk, did he know?

     "Flame is sick, they may not be able to watch," Sans told them.

     "Oh, well, I guess not then, but I'll see about that spot," he handed me a slip of paper, "I'll text ya when I have it ready," they then left. What have I gotten into?

_________________

Word Count: 642