cafés.

»a/n: i'll be writing an epilogue! this book will probably end in a few more chapters!! + fun fact! this book was pre-written so in order for my new namjin releasing sometime next week to be tied into this book via setting and timeline, i had to re-write and edit the story line of this book.

                                                                                                ♥

i slipped myself out of bed, the ear-aching alarm clock attacking me through the digital screen, leaving me grumpy. that was when i heard a knock on the door, "hey yoongi! are you up yet? you're going to miss the amazing breakfast at the cafe!" the man known as hoseok was my roommate. "i'm coming, give me a moment." i replied as unloading my baggage hastily, checking the time frantically. coming to america and being able to study medical work at that was an extremely rare chance that only occurred to those who were lucky enough to be favored by the school staff. as the mirror reflected the hospital coat on my body, the moments of unslept nights spent studying, sacrificing trips to the senior parties with the lingering scents of drinks, worksheets coated in the yellow veil of the lamps, and eyebags decorated purple came back to me, i couldn't help the smile invading my face. it felt so euphoric to achieve something you've been working so hard towards, to gain a reward is great in itself, however, to receive it through defeating a multitude amount of challenges, was even greater. happiness was strong, however, my heart was beating uncontrollably, why? i thought to myself. this was the moment i was waiting for since high school? then i realized in the mist of excitement, the little monster of sadness had slipped in the door to my emotions. even if i become the greatest doctor known, my parents wouldn't be able to be proud of me if they aren't alive to witness it. who am i trying to impress? i will work till the day i die if i succeed, if i fail, i would still be alone. for the first time, i felt such a grave meaning to life. whist still deep in my thoughts, hoseok had called out to me. "um... yoongi? we're here? what are you thinking about?" "o-oh. sorry. just feeling a bit anxious." responding with a chuckle after to assure any remaining feelings intervening my happiness. opening the car door, i took off my coat to and carefully placed it in my seat. turning around, my eyes met the tiny café which looked like it was made for tiny pixies, a soft pastel color huddled despondent it among the huge glass-stained city buildings. an uncountable amount of people rushed by it, outside on the crowded street, waiting for the next customer to exit so they could get their beverages and morning treats. i glanced up as the door swung open, heralded by a blast of cold wind compared to this warm fall air. the interior of the café was rather cheery, adorned with a multitude of multi-colored fairy lights shaped like jewels transitioning all seven paints of the rainbow. behind the magical lights, colorful walls with leaf-shaped stickers all over with tiny messages on it had displayed as a background. i sat down quickly, that tiny monster of sadness had gone as i saw a waitress come over with drinks. the name tag had read "jimin." "thank you, jimin." i tried showing my friendliest smile i could master. the respond was simply staring at me with a mumbled. "hey jimin! get over here, we need help!" he turned around quickly and said, well, whispered a "i'm-m coming jin.." before turning back to bow and speed walk to the counter. i wished i had known you were the boy i saw at the hospital when i first came. i wish i would've brought you out of that cafe and got you treatment right away. maybe, just maybe if i had been smarter, faster, and kinder, i could've stopped you from overworking your already sick body. maybe i could've saved you from that café that was like a death machine to your health.