2.19 It All Breaks Down Again

Crystal shot him a look that asked if it was really okay and he nodded calmly. She nodded back and then turned to Regulus.

"Alright, let's go!"

------

"I didn't realize that tunnel was so damn long!" Crystal exclaimed as she walked side by side with Regulus.

The sky was full of stars and moon was shining over everything. Less than a day to a full moon, to find if her potions worked.

Their pace wasn't slow, but they weren't in a hurry either. Crystal gazed at the stars in awe, she looked over to Regulus and smiled. His skin looked even paler in the moonlight and she couldn't help but think that he looked right out of a painting.

"I wonder... How did you pass through the Whomping Willow?" He glanced at her.

"Long story." She let out a light chuckle. "I'll tell you later."

Regulus nodded as they neared the wooden bridge. Both gazed at the stars while walking, up until they reached the end and the courtyard. Crystal had been taking mental notes about some stars and constellations.

"I'm just really glad that everything turned alright." She sighed, full of relief.

"We hope so."

They found themselves at the Entrance Hall, their pace slowing down significantly. Crystal smiled at the thought of being able to talk a lot more before they parted ways, but she kept it to herself. Her thoughts were interrupted as she realized that Regulus came to a halt. Before them were James and Peter.

"Crys, come here, I have to talk to you." James spoke as if asking Regulus to excuse himself and go his own way.

"You don't need to be secretive." She waved her hand towards her friends. "He found out, on his own, the path too. He wanted to make sure things didn't go south."

James squinted at Regulus for a moment, then relaxed.

"Fine." He resisted the urge to roll his eyes at his cousin's friend. "This is a secret, so..."

"You shouldn't take me for a fool." Regulus spoke back to James. "I know when to keep my mouth shut."

"Right." James squinted again as he spoke.

James' suspicious squint disappeared as Sirius walked in the conversation. His tie was worn messy and he had a lipstick stain on his cheek. Regulus nodded towards his brother.

"Reg?" He seemed uneasy.

"Brother." Regulus spoke, his tone changinh ever so slightly. "There's a little something on your face."

Crystal and James exchanged glances as their friend widened his eyes and cleaned his face with his sleeve. Regulus shook his head slightly before heading towards the dungeons. After his brother left, Sirius pressed his lips together in embarrassment.

"So..." Sirius' voice faltered a bit. "Did you find Loony?"

"Yeah, I did. He's fine, everything's fine." She patted James' shoulder gently. "And I'm really tired and need to rest, so I'll be going now."