2.15 Nocturnal Visions

Regulus.

Regulus knew.

He was right.

Where was Regulus now?

Where was Remus?

Shouldn't her mind wander to Sirius for these kind of things?

---------------

Her mind wavered. Her body seemed to flutter.

Delicate hands cusped her face with care. Fingers gently brushing her skin like she was everything in the world.

She could see a shadow of a soft, lingering smile. It caressed her heart to witness such genuine affection.

She felt safe.

In her reverie, she reached out to touch the silhouette of a human being.

So close. So very close.

So far.

As she finally touched the unknown person. The silhoeutte turned to ash, Crystal felt her breath stop. She couldn't breath, she couldn't mourn.

"Ahhhh!!"

Crystal let out a muffled scream as she awoke. She was startled, looking around and grabbing anything in her reach, grip tight.

Her eyes flashed around with a glint of despair as she finally understood she had been sleeping. She had stretched out on the sofa from the Gryffindor common room and had blanket over her. Courtesy of James, she figured.

She glanced over to see Remus, who was fast asleep, wake up startled by her scream. He let his book fall on the ground.

Crystal remembered why she was here in the first place. After the awful revelation from Loretta, she looked for her cousin and her friends. She figured it was too late to go to Regulus, given his attitude last time they were alone late at night.

She remembered reaching the last staircase to their common room with hope and relief, only to find out from Remus that James and Sirius had detention for somethibg trivial. She then decided to talk to Remus about what happened and the hours started to get longer and longer, until she dozed off. Apparently, the same happened with Remus.

With alertness in his eyes, Remus retrieved the book from the ground and gazed at Crystal.

"Are you alright? Why did you scream? What did you see?"

"Seer stuff." She coulf speak about it, since it was late enough to have no one around. "Terrible dreams, my dear Loony."

He shot her a inquiring look.

"The usual..." She spoke as she brought the blanket close to her. "I tried to touch this wonderful person and then... It all vanished. Gone in a second."

"It stills troubles you?" He asked with concern. "We could try that thing we did with the storm during vacation."

"I guess so."

"I'm here to help you."

"Right."

Crystal shifted on her seat as Remus adjusted himself on his. She glared with a heavy frown at the fireplace and concentrated on her dream qith all her might. She waited and waited, trying harder and harder, until something happened.

Remus observed as Crystal's eyes changed to a bright green that seemed almost metallic. She had wide eyes as if looking somewhere else, not the fireplace. She was trying much harder than he ever witnessed, so much he could see flickers of blue and gold around her arms and hands.