2.1 Summer with the Potters

As much as James felt genuinely happy to see his beloved cousin during his summer break, he was ultimately worried about other things that were yet to happen. He had sent an owl to Lily Evans within the first summer week. He had been at his home for almost a week now and he was anxious about it.

But every now and then Sirius would appear and they would just talk and prank his father and overall just be teens, living carefree. He was also a bit worried about Crystal and Sirius. He was just waiting to see if they would tell the truth to his parents. He could even imagine Sirius trying to be touchy-feely with Crystal just for her to destroy his prank by saying something along the lines of 'look, Uncle Flea, Aunt Mia, this is just a misunderstanding, we are NOT together, we made a deal at Hogwarts to not be bothered by others, but here it's different'.

James grinned to himself.

He was alone inside his room, fiddling with a black guitar. He could guess that Sirius was riding around the neighborhood with their bike. He remembered a curious remark that his friend said the other day. Something about his eyes that recalled him of Crystal, and then he just brushed it off like it was nothing. But Fleamont heard that and he wouldn't let it go that easy. Sirius would be teased all his summer.

James thought that as long as the two were only friends there was nothing wrong with it. They could all go out as double dates if Evans accepted his request. But it would be the fake couple, not two people who liked each other. And now Crystal reconciled with her old friend.

James put his guitar on his bed, while looking around his room for a moment, the posters on his walls were well adjusted and although the room was messy, there was some sort of shimmer to it. Sirius' bed was messy and would continue that way if Euphemia didn't call him out on it.

James sighed. He heard footsteps as he stood up from his bed.

"James, dear." Euphemia's voice could be heard as she approached the room. "Your Uncle Albert will be here soon."

"Are they coming with floo powder?" He asked back at his mother, as he walked towards the door.

"You know they're not." She let out a laugh. "Your Uncle is still very much connected to the Muggle world."

"So he's coming in his car."

"Exactly."

James shook his head while thinking about Crystal and Albert alone in their car, her father telling her bad jokes and just mumbling about muggle stuff. He was a wizard, but he was very attached to his muggle side.

Euphemia went downstairs to prepare something for Crystal and the boys to eat. She was followed around by James. They kept talking about something, while Fleamont was lounging in the living room. 

********

Crystal smiled as she watched the road's ever existing flux. She was travelling to the Potters with her father, in their car, much to Demetria's distaste. Her father enjoyed these casual things, and as practical that using floo powder or apparating could be, he chose the car ride. But also because he could spend more time with his daughter before his summer long travel to North America.

They were already in James' parents neighborhood and the bad jokes from Albert were ending. Crystal watched in dismay as he pulled over the car, stopping by a big and beautiful suburban house.

"We're here." He gently commented, exiting the car.

Crystal nodded as she took her luggage and exited the car. Both stood by the front door as they rang the bell and waited. Soon a commotion could be heard and Fleamont answered the door.