1.16 Sightings from the Future

"Now concentrate..."

Dumbledore's voice started with a high pitch and then it felt like it was miles away from her. His voice became like whisper until it disappeared completely.

The place from before. The place she knew but never truly witnessed in the real world.

She was at a green slope, surrounded by mountains and the beautiful azure sky. Crystal looked at her own hands and felt different; if in her younger years she would see herself as older, now she felt she was younger, but maybe the same age from the first dream.

Her pre Hogwarts self didn't really know how she would look like at her thirteen or fourteen year old. She brushed it off, looking around just to find that this time she wasn't with the locket, the cup, the tiara and the sword. She looked confused around.

She walked around and then found the same old mirror.

In the mirror, red eyes watched her back from a distance. She was startled and let out a screech. The eyes disappeared and then her reflection disappeared as well. She looked around with dismay, she was no longer at the beautiful and magical slope. She was now in a very dark place, a dungeon of sorts.

Crystal looked at herself, she was a bit older again, she wasn't fifteen anymore. She watched with surprise as her whole body looked different and she wore clothes that weren't the Hogwarts uniform. She was wearing clothes that one would wear to some sort of expedition.

While confused, a voice started talking. She couldn't make sense of much of what the voice said, but she followed the sound. Doing so she found a silhouette. The person wasn't clear, it was like a shadow, like fate was playing with her and didn't want her to know who this person was.

She followed the silhouette closely until they found a small pedestal that could be easily mistaken by a fountain. There was a strange looking liquid inside it. While she was taking the environment around her in, the person walked quickly to the pedestal and started drinking from it.

She felt afraid for some odd reason. She watched as the person started choking and pleading for something, yet she couldn't understand any of it. The person took a piece of old jewelry from the fountain and then fell on the ground next to a pool.

Horror was what she felt, it was like she could do nothing to help the person in front of her. Life was leaving that body and she could do nothing. She approached it instinctively and held the stranger on her arms.

"It will be alright."

Her voice sounded soft and echoed through the whole room. She felt it was strange for even a dungeon. Her voice repeated so many times that she felt more comfortable. The words that everything would be alright were helping her in so many levels.

The dying figure handed her something with a trembling arm. It was no longer in a condition to make any physical effort. She watched as the arm fell lifeless on the ground just a second after she took the jewelry from it.

In her very lucid vision, she kneeled on the ground for a while, looking around with watery eyes while trying to decode what was happening. She held tight onto the object when the red eyes appeared from a dark corner.

She was no longer in the dungeon, but somewhere else. Sadness took hold of her as she muttered a hex in the direction of the glowing eyes. She had no wand, just her hands, and while it would probably never work in her real world, her hands conjured a very strong spell. She channeled it through her hands towards the stranger and while it quickly disappeared, everything around the place she aimed was destroyed.

She looked at her hands and they were glowing with a blue color.

And then she saw Nurmengard.

She was far away from it, but she saw it like in the books she read before. When she looked down to observe her age and her hands that were glowing before, she realised she was holding something and instantly felt weird about it.

Nurmengard was the place were Grindelwald was supposed to be held prisoner. Why would she visit this place?

She shook her head and felt the howling, freezing wind passing by, blurring all around her.

She tried to calm down and then her environment changed again.

She was in her home, as Demetria and Albert were packing to travel. She tried asking them anything, but it was like they couldn't hear her. She looked around searching for any clue to where were they going. A piece of paper on the dining room had the address.

It was something to do with MACUSA and Crystal could only think it had to do with her mother's position.

She shrugged as she felt her head hurt as if being pierced in the middle. She could hardly breath.

....

"Miss Reynolds?" The voice started becoming louder and louder.

Crystal held her head and looked around as if feeling dizzy.

She then remembered that she was in the Headmaster's Office. In front of Dumbledore.

"What happened, Miss Reynolds? Were you successful?" His voice finally sounded normal.

Crystal smiled, though her smile had a tinge of melancholy.

"I saw everything this time." She glanced at Fawkes, still feeling the intensity of the visions. "And more, actually."

She looked around and finally felt grounded. She watched the never changing expression of Dumbledore.

"So?" He asked, with a subtle eagerness.

"I witness someone which is apparently close to me drinking from a fountain and retrieving something... And then I'm trusted with whatever the object was, while the person with me dies... It feels very sad when I see it, this must've been what kept me restless all this time."

He nodded quietly, as if waiting for anything else.

Crystal knew all the story about Dumbledore and Grindelwald and that they have been friends before, so she hesitated.

"Sir." She said quietly. "I saw a prison from afar. It made me remember how some friendships are frail..."

"Sometimes people wish different things." He said in a single sentence.

She was very suspicious of Dumbledore during all her years at Hogwarts. He seemed to know to much and hide it very well, but she didn't care about thinking of it. But now she could see some of his personal stories were showing. She wasn't going to mention Nurmengard to him.

"And I saw my parents planning a trip to a MACUSA meeting, for some reason." She lifted her eyebrows.

Dumbledore seemed to think for a while and then relaxed.

"It should not bother you anymore, Miss Reynolds. Neither your friend, Miss Bones." He said, as if showing empathy. "I've seen it before and generally gets better, though your kind of Sight is very odd."

"I get that I don't know how to control it yet." She gave him a faintly smile.

"As an advice, you should try the Divination classes next year."

Crystal nodded and then said her excuses. She was now free. Free from the Headmaster's Office and for all she knew, free from that horrid vision that haunted her for years. If she was truly this odd seer that still was a newbie to it all, having cleared this one vision might help the other flow.

She exited the place and headed to her common room. She missed talking to Loretta and really wanted to do so. She would maybe search for Balthazar later, see when he was alone so that they could chat for a while.