2.14 The Few Dark Wizards from Our House

The man nodded and Loretta walked away with the cloaked figure. Soon she was nowhere to be found.

"I haven't seen one so eager since a long time." Severus commented.

"Me neither." Regulus replied.

--------

He had to tell her.

She knew about him, his aspirations, his desires, but she didn't know about her friend.

Regulus stared at the ceiling for long enough. He cursed under his breath only to earn a scolding from a nearby student. He tossed and turned, but he couldn't sleep.

What a disturbing view he had seen.

He turned and stared at his nightstand's drawer, there where the letters were, full of old, bittersweet memories.

He sighed.

What an interesting ceiling.

---------

"Thank you for walking me to class." Crystal smiled warmly. "I hope you won't get late for yours."

Sirius smiled back, almost grinning. They had been walking hand in hand, and he finally could feel the softness and warmth from her hand on his. He gave her a light peck on the lips and ran away for his class, waving at her.

Crystal smiled to herself before entering the Potions classroom. Only Slughorn was inside, tinkering with some ingredients. He acknowledged her presence and gestured for her to come close, while he grabbed an open letter.

"I asked Belby about it, like you and some students pleaded." He smiled proudly. "He gave some tips, so you might as well try this challenge, Miss Reynolds."

"Thank you, Sir." Crystal slightly bowed, she trotted to her usual cauldron.

"Mr. Black also wanted to try and brew this potion." He handed her Belby's letter. "I hope you two can work together on this, my two brilliant students."

"I'm okay if he wants to."

"Good, good." He turned to the door. "Now, you can use the classroom until others arrive and after class."

She nodded.

"I'll be back soon." And then he exited the room.

She took a deep breath and looked around, scanning the room and taking the environment in. Crystal started reading the letter and laughing to herself.

"Damn. Mom or Uncle Flea could do this in a heartbeat." She laughed in disbelief, talking to herself.

She gathered some ingredients, but there were some that she still couldn't find. She left it for later and looked around searching for some phials. She gazed deeply at the glint coming from all the phials, flasks and tubes, most had varied potions within it. She traced the sparkle of some flasks with her fingers, lost in a moment.

"You're here already."

CRASH!

Crystal was so entraced by the beauty of the moment, she didn't hear Regulus speaking to Slughorn and walking inside the room. She knocked over some flasks by accident with the scare.

"HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP!" She let out muffled yells. "Slughorn is gonna kill me, Reg! Sweet mother of God! Crap!"

She was flailing around and looking everywhere, with a shallow, anxious breath. She heard laughter and grimaced at Regulus.