3-A Letter To Daisy

With my pen and a blank sheet of paper, I sat outside my balcony not having an idea on what to write down. Soon my phone rang and I picked.

"Hey dear" I said.

"Am fine and you"

"Fine. Just been thinking of what to write. Am lost"

"Haha. You have began with your ridiculous writing again Sam. There are better things to do than to sit with lot of sheets in front of you, non making any sense"

"Yah I know. But it's sort of a while away time stuff. Besides have you gotten to your destination"

"Right. I wish you'd never ask"

"Why?"

"Hmm" she sighed "The thing is I cancelled my trip due to some urgent issues." she paused taking a deep breath. "You know about my dad. Right?"

"oh" I said in realisation. "am sorry dear. It would be fine" I said with pity.

We talked about other stuffs for a while.

"Well it was nice talking with you. I called to check up on you since you don't call"

"Got lot of stuff going on. So sorry I wasn't opportune to call"

"Hmm. Am okay. It's not like I died when you didn't call." she said chuckling a little. "Besides don't you think you forgetting something" she asked with a simple voice.

"

I don't think so"

"Really Sam. You forgot"

"what?, you didn't tell me anything that I'll forget"

She sighed. "Never mind, it's not really important."

"Jess Daisy! Oh my God, forgot. Saturday would be your birthday right? "

"Yah. You finally remembered"

"am sorry dear"

"Its okay, you've said that like four times in a row. I'll be off now. Try and take care of yourself, and end that ridiculous writing of yours. "

I smiled"okay then I will"

"Bye!"

I sighed as I dropped my phone. Like really, how can I forget her birthday date. I stare at the paper for a while, a glimmer of smile appeared on my face as an idea flashed into my mind. Then I began to write.

Three days has passed since I last spoke with Daisy. I was suppose to call her yesterday, but decided not to due to the fact that she would be busy with her dad. And I guess the only day She would be free would be today being Friday and her birthday which is tomorrow.
I sluggishly came down from my bed and went into the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. Soon I was out. I wore a white Jean shorts and a black and blue check shirt.
Some minuets later after taking break fast, I took my phone and dialed Daisy's number.
"I wonder what she might be doing now"
The phone went through and the receiver picked.

"I guess today would be the best day I would ever have"

"Haha, why that? "

"you finally decided to call. Hmm, I'll call that a miracle"

"Hehe, it is I guess. So how's the preparation for the BIRTHDAY🎶"
I spoke, ending it with a musical note.

"Funny. But not funny"

"What do you mean by that?"
I asked surprised at her non interest in my sense of humor.

" There are no preparations"

"Are you serious. Why? "

"I can't. I really can't celebrate a birthday with all this stress around"

"I understand. Really sorry about that. Try to at least take a day to relax yourself. Besides its your birthday not just any other day."

"Okay thanks for that. I need to go now, I am being called. Buy talk to you later. Love you"

"What?"

"just take it as a compliment. Hope you've ended that shut you call writing."

"Not funny Daisy, at least am better than those who don't try to do what they love. hehe" I laughed.

"Don't start Sam. I'll kill you" she said jokingly.

"Bye. Go answer your parents"
"Yah thanks bye"

I called few other person's, then put on snickers and set to go out.

***
The bell rang at late hours, A young 5'6 ebony lady opened the door. She looked at the man who was dressed uniformly with a cap, which she obviously recognized as the mail man.
"Good evening madam" he said looking at a note"is this Daisy Clinton's"

"Yes. How may I help you. Besides its pretty late don't you think"

"We are sorry, but we were given this to give to you" He said handing over the box.

"oh thanks." she said looking at it. "but no name ?."

"There was no name, just your address. Besides we were sure to scan if there were any explosive inside to ensure your safety."

"Hmm. Okay no problem then. Thanks"
She's said as she watch them leave and she closed the door behind them.
She went straight to her room opening the box on her way. She finally got to her room then put on the lights.

"Aww, it's beautiful. unfortunately there is no name attached" she said dropping the flower, then picked the letter in the box. She sat on her bed to read the short note.

"please meet me at Valentine's restaurant by 7pm. Thanks"
Anonymous.

There is only one person she knew could possibly have sent the flowers. She ran to her phone picked it and dialed the number. The receiver didn't picked. She had called four times. Then she got a voicemail.

"hey lady, am kinda busy right now. Would you mind if I call in the morning. Thanks"

"Like seriously Sam now that I needed to talk to you."
She threw her phone to the other side of the and laid down. She suspected Sam to have sent the flowers.

***
"Jess what the fuck" she said swingging a fist towards the alarm. It went flying in the air and down to the floor, stopping instantly.
It was already morning and the alarm had given her one of the greatest shock she has ever experienced.

"Fuck." she said sitting upright. "I hate alarms"

Ding ding ding!!!

"seriously" she said turning to her vibrating phone. Notifications coming in. She picked up, then unlocked it. Now reading them.

Oh today's my birthday. Haha. Forgot that already. Whatever, it's not like anything important would be happening.

Her phone rang. "Damn you Sam"
She picked.

"Rise and Shine. Happy Birthday Daisy"

"Yah thanks." she said dryly.

"You sound unhappy"

"No. Just early morning stress, that's all"

"Hmm. Well if you say so. You called_"

"shuss, just forget it."

"Seriously. Was busy. You can tell me now"

"I said never mind, it's nothing."

"Daisy_"

"Bye Sam"
The call ended. She heaved a long sigh. Then dropped her phone on the table, then she saw the note.

"That reminds me, I have a date to prepare for"

"To be continued"