Oneshot #21: Parenting

This fan fiction takes place after MyStreet Season 6: When Angels Fall. I in no way own the rights to these characters; they all belong to Aphmau on YouTube. This is not canon to the original story. Thank you!
-
Ever since Calvin was born, Zane found himself growing more and more protective of his family.
At first, he was surprised by his newfound fatherly instincts. It was unlike him to care about anybody else besides Nana, and his sudden attachment to his son made him question himself. After a while, however, he'd learned to embrace it.
And when Nana had begged for the street to take a trip to the newest playground, Zane couldn't find it in himself to refuse.
...
When they'd arrived they were greeted by Garroth and Laurence, who's newly adopted daughter was strapped to Laurence's chest. Safiya was fussy, similar to her father Garroth; despite her being adopted, Laurence claimed, she still very much looked and acted like the two of them.
"Maybe it's from her spending so much time around you," Zane wondered aloud, covering up Calvin with his blanket. Garroth shrugged and turned around to greet Aphmau, Aaron, and Alena. Alena was toddling over to the baby swings, cooing happily. Nana noted how fast she was growing up, and asked Aphmau about her development. Zane grew bored of the conversation rather quickly, turning to Trevor who was tugging on his shirt.
"Zwane?" He looked up at the older man with big eyes, smiling. Travis quickly rushed over, apologizing profusely.
"Sorry, he's into talking to people now and he's sort of not good at holding back," The white haired male sputtered, pulling his son closer to him. Zane assured him it was quite alright.
And so he thought it was.
Until Trevor grabbed Calvin's stuffed animal out of his hands.
"Hey, Trevor," Zane scolded, it coming out slightly harsher than intended. The little boy looked somewhat taken aback for moment, tears threatening to spill down his cheeks.
"Ah! No, no, don't cry. I'm sorry," Zane tried to fix the situation, to which Nana chastised him.
"Zane, you made the poor thing cry! He was just looking at it. Come here Trevor, Zane's sorry," She soothed, pulling the younger male into a hug.
Zane pouted for a moment himself, slightly aggravated that Nana didn't take his side in the situation. Calvin just bubbled happily in his stroller without a care in the world.
Ugh, I can't even calm down a kid. How am I supposed to raise my own son?
Zane's worries we're written all over his face, and Nana rushed up to him.
"Zuzu, don't feel bad," She comforted him, similarly to how she did with Trevor. Zane chuckled at the thought, but nodded. "Sorry," He apologized, head hanging.
"Oh, shush, would you? You're not used to dealing with children. You were the second-to-youngest in your family. It's okay to not be the parenting master," Nana explained, taking his hand. Zane felt butterflies in his chest. She can calm me down better than anybody else. Irene, I love this woman.
-
I wanted to apologize for this one being rather short, I've been busy lately and I haven't had time to write as often as I'd like to. Thank you for reading!!