Chapter 10: Slowly (Naeun POV)

Start from the beginning

It was definitely a thrilling atmosphere out there. Made me wonder if I should take Taemin oppa here next time. Probably yes.

"Kaja!!" Chorong unnie was already speeding like a bullet to the wavepool dragging Bomi unnie with her. Sigh...I pray for Bomi's ears, because Rong unnie will be screaming the whole way.

Namjoo and Hayoung went of on their own to buy some patbingsoo. That left me with Eunji unnie...who was, personality-wise, as daring as Chorong. I'm pretty sure she'll ask me to ride on one of the long, towering slides that overlooked the entire waterpark complex.

"Naeun ah!" she tugged my arm. "There! Let's go!"

Ah...as expected...the waterslide...

"Unnie...isn't it too high?" I asked concerned.

"Aniyo~" she smiled. "The only way I conquer my fears is to keep doing dangerous stuff. That way, I'll be immune to fear, so to speak."

Eunji...are you sure you aren't the Kim Jongkook of Apink?!

Against my will, I found myself standing at the end of the slide. Majestic, yes, but intimidating. Help me Taemin oppa...

Wait, did I just ask oppa to help me?! Aish my mind.

Although, I began to think about my past again. What I have known so far...? Nothing.

In truth, I never looked at my diary entries. I trusted in Taemin that he'd tell me everything. How long it would take, it really depended on him.

"Aigoo, Son Yeoshin is dazed again..." Eunji snapped, which brought me back to reality.

"Ah! Cheosonghabnida unnie!" I apologised.

"Arasso," Eunji patted me. "Now shall we have some fun?!"

More like shall I slide to my 'death'? My legs are already feeling like jelly. But you know how the youngsters say these days: you'll feel accomplished and relieved after you overcome a difficult hurdle. Seems like I have to slide then.

Eunji and I reached the peak of the waterslide. Already, overlooking the entire complex was making me giddy. Seriously, I needed to get a grip.

"Naeun, I'll go first!" Eunji exclaimed excitedly. She was already prepped up on the slide.

Correction...she already took off!

Time seemed to slow down as I listened to Eunji's echoing voice while she headed to the bottom of the slide. Seriously, she's one brave soul. Or maybe I'm just a coward. Probably the second one...

No, Naeun, you can do this.

After the lifeguard had granted clearance, I edged my way towards the slide. The gushing sound of water was somewhat intimidating.

"Naeun fighting!" I heard Eunji's voice.

"Unnie, na galgyeo!" I made up my mind.

Unlike what I usually did, I backed up slightly and released my arms from the side of the slide. Really, time slowed down almost instantly.

I was zipping down the tunnel, I mean slide, with lightning speed. I screamed with a mixture of fear and delight, because I knew this was one memory I'll never forget, for better or for worse.

Hmm, come to think of it, I must have been screaming something like: "Wheeeeee~!" Sigh, I miss my childhood.

A nice refreshing splash of water and broad daylight indicated the end of the thrilling ride on the slide. I could tell my heart was pounding profusely after all that. But ah~ I actually want to go again...wait what?!

After finally coming to my senses, I called out for Eunji. But she was...

"Kamsahabnida oppa! Wow you really know how to enjoy life don't you?" I heard Eunji's voice nearby. Sounds like she's talking to someone.

"Aniyo~ Eunji ssi you are actually very brave to go down that slide yourself too."

Wait...that voice? He sounds familiar...like...like...? Aniyo, not Taemin.

I turned my head to the direction of the voices. As expected, Eunji was there...together with...SHINee's Key oppa?!

Omo...

Their heads turned towards me suddenly. I immediately crouched down and tried to hide myself behind the slide.

"Naeun ah," Eunji called me. "Nice acting, but you need to do more to understand your long hair is leaning over the edge of the slide..."

Aish...

Timidly, I stood up to greet Key oppa. Of all times, I'm drenched...darn.

"Annyeonghaseyo Naeun ssi," Key showed his trademark smile. Well, I have been in enough music shows to know how he smiles. Sorry Taemin oppa...

Speaking of whom...

"Oppa," I asked Key. "Perhaps, SHINee is also here?"

"Ne...geundae..." he began.

"Is Taemin here?!" I interrupted.

Eunji laughed at my question. I realised I asked that so blatantly. Crap, now SHINee is going to make fun of us, as if Apink was not enough.

"Actually..." Key explained. "Taemin has a schedule today. He's preparing for his solo debut."

Solo...?

Why didn't he tell me?

"Perhaps..." Eunji asked me. "Are you going to support him?!"

Hmm...maybe...? I actually wanted to see Taemin singing live for the first time. Oppa always said that he wanted to be a singer when he's older...

Wait...was that a memory? I don't remember Taemin telling me this before...until today. Well, I'll tell him about it later.

 "Unnie," I asked Eunji, "shall we go and find the other members?"

That's when I noticed Eunji staring at Key oppa rather awkwardly...

"Ah...erm, gwenchana Naeun ah," she stuttered. "I'll be...um..."

Then maknae Hayoung appeared on the scene. Since she came alone, I presumed Namjoo had gone of to play with Bomi unnie.

"Unnies," she joined in the conversation, "what are we waiting - oh annyeong Key sunbaenim,"

"Hayoung ah," I tugged her, "Eunji isn't willng to come along with me to find the other members."

I noticed Key's smirk and Eunji's subsequent head gestures. They are like sending each other messages or signals or something?!

Then Key walked forward and whispered into mine and Hayoung's ears: "Actually, Eunji and I are an item now."

MWO?!

But another thoughtt struck me...perhaps Taemin has become more confident after our kiss. He can go bragging and become the 'go betwen guy' in SHINee. So...did he set Key and Eunji up??

~ ~ ~

A/N: Keke~ A new couple?!

Hope you guys like it. Just some chapters prewritten sometime ago...

Vote + Comment ~