Chapter 1: Marina Gabrielle

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."
-Seneca
Good Morning, Gabrielle! Have a nice day! -H💋

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"Thanks, dad. I'll see you later," I told my dad before we waved each other goodbye. He drifted off while I turned around.

As I look at the blue building in front of me, I can't contain my excitement. Even though everybody hated this place, I, on the other hand, love this place. Not just 'cause I am one of the most popular but also because of the boy I admired for a very long time now.

I finally opened the door and I was greeted by a lot of smiling faces. I greeted them back but, of course, one greeting stood out from all the rest, "Gabbieeee!!!" I turned around and there I saw my best friend, Faith running towards me.

"Woah there, gurl! What's up?" I asked, laughing.

"Nothing. I just missed you!" She hugged me.

"Okaayyy? Hey, Have you seen Xander today?" I excitedly asked.

"Why are you asking me? We're not close," she said and I sighed.

"Anyways. Why are you happy? Is Ian the reason why you're happy?"

"Maybeee!!" she said and I shook my head. Faith told me Ian's surprise for their anniversary and all that relationship goals stuff that I have never experienced.

While she was narrating, Ian picked her up from behind and spun her around before setting her down and giving her a kiss.

"Okay! The two of you, get a room or something. You guys are disgusting!" I said, crossing my arms.

"Oh, hey, Gabbie. Didn't see you there. What triggered the bitter bee today?" Ian asked.

"The two of you make me realize that it sucks not having a boyfriend!" I said and they both laughed.

"Jay's pretty available, Gab. May—"

"Oh no! No! No! Faith, you did not just go to the Jay topic. Jay's my best friend and you know that," I said, cutting her off.

"But Jay likes you!" Hope said.

"And Shine likes Jay," I crossed my arms.

"And you like Xander," Ian butted in.

"But who does Xander like?" Faith asked.

"Me! I have to go. This conversation is over," I said before walking away.

Not long after that, the bell rang and I went to my first class.

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"Someone's awfully quiet," Danica said, referring to me. We are now at the cafeteria having lunch.

"I'm not in the mood, Nics," I said while picking on my food.

"What's her problem?" Jay asked Ian.

"Xander's not around," Faith answered.

"It's not that!" I said, placing my fork down abruptly.

"Don't you lie to me, Marina Gabrielle. I know you too well." Faith crossed her arms.

"It's just that I feel like my day's incomplete without me staring at him for like ten minutes or something like that," I sighed.