Chapter 25: Stop Wasting Your Time

"Sometimes exhaustion is not a result of too much time spent on something, but of knowing that in its place, no time is spent on something else." -Joyce Rachelle

I'll always be here, Brielle. I'll wait until the time you can grant me your forgiveness. -Xander

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"Key, Jaden Jr.?" our teacher called, checking if Jay is present in our class.

I sighed when no one responded. I felt like it was my fault why Jay did not go to school today. Everything that happened yesterday was just too much.

I've been trying my best to stay sane for today. To do that, I pretended that everything that happened these past few days was just a dream. I know the people around me don't think the same way as I do but in this way, it'll be easier for me to take it out of my system just so I could function properly. Just for today, I want to go back to the time when I haven't met Xander yet. The time when I haven't encountered my greatest problem.

I also took my meds so I've been calm but I am still worried because my attacks can happen at any time.

The class went by smoothly. I focused on the lecture so my mind would not wander. As much as possible, I do not want to think about everything because it could lead to my attacks.

"Shine went to school, right?" I asked Faith while we were walking out of the room.

"Yes, she did," she answered. "What could be the reason for Jay's absence? We both know that he never misses a class," Faith said.

I just shrugged. I love Faith but this whole love triangle thing with Jay and Shine should remain with the three of us.

"Are you okay now?" she asked, referring to my fever excuse.

I sighed. "I was never really sick, Faith. I'm sorry," I confessed.

"I knew it," she said and I looked away, feeling guilty. "I'm not mad, Gab. I know you have your reasons."

I looked at her and gave her a weak smile. "I don't like lying to you but I just wasn't ready to tell you the reason yesterday."

"Is it because you and Xander broke up?" she asked.

My eyes widened in shock. "How did you–"

"I'm your best friend, Gabbie. You don't have to say anything for me to understand what's going on," she answered. "You don't have to tell me how it happened. I'll wait for you to share it with me when you're ready," she added.

"Thank you, Faith," I said.

"Always remember, Gabbie." She held both of my hands tightly but in a soothing manner. "Whatever happens I will always stay by your side. I will never ever leave you even if the whole world turned against you. I'll help you win every battle. As long as I'm standing, you won't be alone, okay?" she said.

A single tear fell from my eye. It felt nice hearing those words from her. I felt at ease because I was assured that there would be one person who will go through every ups and downs with me.

I hugged Faith tight and she did the same. I would forever be grateful to have the greatest best friend and sister in her.