Chapter 12

MACKENZIE'S POV

Will had stopped dancing and we were now all watching Dalton and Aria. It looked like their dance was a mix of freestyle and aspects of a dance routine to it. I knew the song was by IM6 (a.k.a. their old band) so I assumed they would have performed a dance routine along with the song. What was obvious as they were dancing was that they were dancing with each other, not just alongside each other. It's like their whole dance was just the two of them together and no one else was there. Another thing that was just as amazing was amazing how in-sync their dancing was.

*Skip to after they finish dancing (because I am lazy)*

Dalton and Aria finished their dance and ended up in each other's arms. After a moment's silence, everyone began cheering at Dalton and Aria's dancing skills.
"We never knew you could dance Dalton." Trent commented.
"Yeah, why didn't you tell us?" I asked.
"It never came up. Also, I don't really dance that much nowadays." Dalton replied.
"You're really good by the way. Both of you." Tristan said with a smile on her face.
"Thanks Tristan." Aria replied with a smile.
"I have a question for Aria." Avalon said.
"Yes?" Aria replied curiously, tilting her head to the side slightly.
"We haven't really heard you sing before. Can you sing for us?" Avalon replied.
"We justdanced to an IM6 song. My voice was in that." Aria pointed out
"Yes, but your voice was mainly harmonizing rather than getting a solo." Avalon countered.
"That is true." Aria replied, agreeing with him. "Ok, what would you like me to sing?" She asked.
"Anything you feel like." I said.
"Full song or just part?" Aria asked. Dalton suddenly whispered in her ears. Aria nodded.
"Just go a chorus." Dalton suggested. Aria nodded at this.
"Ok." Aria said. "I'm just going to sing the chorus of

DALTON'S POV

I was honestly excited to hear her sing again. Her voice is angelic. I looked over at Will and saw that he was smiling like an idiot. It was very cute.

You said hey
What's your name?
It took one look and now I'm not the same
Yeah you said hey, and since that day
You stole my heart and you're the one to blame
Yeah, and that's why I smile
It's been a while
Since every day and everything has felt this right
And now you turn it all around
And suddenly you're all I need
The reason why
I, I, I, I smile.

(A/N: The song is 'Smile' by Avril Lavigne, but for the purposes of this story it is going to be an original song by Aria)

When she finished singing, I looked over at everyone else, and all of them, bar Will, who was smiling like an idiot, were looking at her with mixes of shock and awe at her singing voice. A few moments later, they all burst into compliments.
"That was amazing!"
"You have such a beautiful voice!"
"You are so talented!"
But one in particular stood out.
"I've never heard that song before. Is it an original?" MacKenzie asked. Everyone looked at him and then at Aria with an "Is it?" expression on their faces. Aria smiled.
"I mean it was only the chorus but yes it is MacKenzie. Do you like it?" She asked, directing the question at everyone.
"Is it dedicated to anyone?" Mackenzie asked as a follow-up question. I saw Aria's eyes wander to me.
"Yes." Aria said simply. Everyone, including Will and I, smiled at this. We all knew that it was dedicated to me.
"Is that new? I don't think I've heard it before." Will asked.
"Yes, it is." Aria replied, smiling at him.

NO ONE'S POV

What no one noticed through their happiness and chatter, is that someone had been standing outside the door as Aria was singing...
One of the producers of American Idol was standing right outside the door listening as Aria sung to the rest of the contestants. As soon as he heard her, he knew she should be a guest performer on the show. He opened the door to the room and walked in. Everyone turned to look at him as he did so.
"Who was that singing?" He asked.
"That would be me." Aria replied timidly.
"You have a lovely voice." He complimented Aria.
"Thank you very much." Aria replied with a bright smile.
"What's your name?" He asked Aria.
"My name is Aria Evans, Sir." She introduced herself.
"Well, Miss Evans, as I was saying, you have a beautiful voice." The producer stated.
"Aria, please, and again, thank you very much." Aria replied humbly. By this point, everyone in the room, bar Aria and the producer, were silent.
"Well, Aria, how would you like to sing as a guest on American Idol?" He asked.
"A-A guest! Are you serious?" Aria asked, a mixture of shock and disbelief in her voice and her face.
"Completely. Do you have anything that I could show them?" He asked curiously.
"Yes, absolutely. All of my demos are at home on my computer so would there be an email address you would like me to send one of them to? Sorry I didn't bring anything with me, when I came to see my boyfriend perform, I honestly was not expecting this." She replied. She seemed shocked but she hid it well.
"I completely understand. Here's my card, you can send the demo to this email address." He said, putting a cross next to the email he wanted to send it to. "We will be in touch alright?" The producer replied with a smile on his face.
"Absolutely. I will give you my contact information, and I will provide it in the email I send you, but if you somehow lose it, you can ask Dalton for it. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask."  Aria replied, her voice laced with kindness and professionalism. "Thank you so much for even the potential opportunity to perform." She added gratefully.
"You're welcome Aria. You have a gift and it should not go unshared." The producer told her. After they had said their goodbyes and exchanged contact details, Aria turned around to see everyone looking at her with shock and happiness on their faces. She turned to Dalton to see that he had a massive grin on his face. Before she could say anything, he pulled her into a kiss. They pulled away and Aria grinned.
"See, I told you that you would go far with an incredible voice like yours." Dalton said.
"He's right you know."  La'Porsha stated.
"I never thought I was good enough to be a guest on a TV show as big as American Idol." Aria commented, almost talking to herself.
"I always knew you could." Dalton said.
"Thank you my love."   Aria replied, an affectionate smile on her face.