Chapter 6

*Two days later*

DALTON'S POV

Aria and I were cuddling on the couch in the living room watching a movie when I decided to tell her.
"Angel?" I asked.
"Yes?" She asked, looking up at me.
"I have something to tell you." I said.
"What is it?" She asked curiously, tilting her head to the side slightly.
"I have decided to audition for the final season of American Idol." I revealed. She smiled.
"That's awesome! I know that you will make it. I believe in you." She replied with a huge smile on her face. I smiled back at her.
"Thank you Angel." I replied, pulling her into a soft but affectionate kiss. Eventually she pulled away.
"So when is your audition?" She asked curiously.
"Three weeks from now. I was thinking of singing Phantom of the Opera, but putting my own spin on it." I explained. She smiled. (A/N: Please note that I am Australian and I have no idea how American Idol works – auditions, selections, etc. Please let me know if I get something wrong)
"Honestly, that would be awesome." She replied.
"I'm glad you like it." I said smiling.

ARIA'S POV

I am so proud of Dalton for deciding to audition for American Idol. I know he'll go far. I then moved closer to him (if that was even possible), resting my head on his shoulder.
"I love you Aria." Dalton said suddenly.
"I love you too Dalton." I replied, an affectionate smile on my face.
"You have no idea how long I have wanted to say that." He whispered.
"I think I have. I've been in love with you for a very long time." I replied, smiling up at him. By this point, the movie we were watching was completely forgotten. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

DALTON'S POV

Aria had fallen asleep on my shoulder and I was admiring how beautiful and relaxed she looked when she slept. I didn't realise I was smiling like an idiot until she sighed in her sleep.
Suddenly, I remembered a promise I had made to someone quite a long time ago. I got my phone out of my pocket, trying not to jostle her and wake her up. Luckily, she didn't wake. I then started texting my best friend from Texas. Andrea.

To: Andrea
Hi Andrea! How's it going?

From: Andrea
Hey bestie! Awesome! What about you?

To: Andrea
I can't stop smiling right now...

From: Andrea
Dalton Louis Rapattoni...SPILL!

To: Andrea
I may no longer be single...

From: Andrea
OMG! I WANT TO MEET HER! She needs the best friend seal of approval.

To: Andrea
She already has it

From: Andrea
What do you mean?

To: Andrea
You know her

From: Andrea
Wait...What?! Did you finally ask Aria to be your girlfriend?!

To: Andrea
Yes I did and I cannot describe the happiness I felt when she said yes.

From: Andrea
Awwwwwwwwwww! You two make such a cute couple! #DariaForever!

To: Andrea
Daria? Really Andrea?

From: Andrea
Yes. Now stop talking to me and go back to your gorgeous girlfriend. I know you want to. Oh, and one more thing.

To: Andrea
She's asleep on my shoulder right now but what might that be?

From: Andrea
Hurt her and I will hurt you twice as badly.