Chapter 4

*Two and a half weeks later (A week after Aria's parents' funerals)*

ARIA'S POV

Will and I were finally at Dallas airport getting our bags from baggage claim when everything started kicking in.
"We're really here right?" I asked Will eagerly. He laughed.
"Yes, we really are here, and Dalton is just on the other side of those doors." He replied, a smiled on his face. I clapped my hands in an excited motion. Will laughed.
"We'll be out in a bit. Calm down." He said, trying to calm me down. I took a deep breath in and out to calm down, earning yet another chuckle from Will.

DALTON'S POV

I was so excited about seeing Aria and Will. I miss them so much. I thank whatever higher power there is that Aria is alright, and that she didn't get killed in that horrible fire. I heard giggles from behind me. I turned around the see my sisters smirking.
"What?" I asked defensively.
"You're fidgeting." Sophie observed, indicating to my hands. I looked down to see that I was indeed playing with my hands. "You only fidget when you are nervous or excited." She added. Their smirks widened. I felt my pocket vibrate and I knew it was a text from Aria.

FROM: Angel
Will and I are now at baggage claim. Hopefully the bags will come quickly :) Can't wait to see you :) A huge smile formed on my face as I read the message.

TO: Angel
Awesome! I'm outside waiting with my sisters. Can't wait to see you too! :)

"Did she just text you?" I heard Becca ask. I smiled slightly.
"Maybe." I mumbled.
"You are totally hooked." Sophie stated.
"Am not!" I retorted.
"You just smiled like a kid on Christmas because you got a text from her. You talk about her all the time, and you two talk every week, if not every day! Personally, I find it absolutely adorable, but if that isn't evidence, I don't know what is." She replied. I frowned, trying to think of a comeback to what she had said, or anything I didn't do in her statement. That's when I realised...I couldn't.

*10 minutes later*

WILL'S POV

As soon as Aria saw Dalton, she dropped what little bags she had and sprinted straight into his open arms. I smiled at this. Aria had always been like a sister to me and I would protect her like one. We were even closer now that she was living with my family and I. Dalton's sisters, who obviously came with him, came over to me to say hello.
"Hi Will." Rebecca said smiling. I smiled back.
"Hey you two. Nice to see you again! How has Dalton been after the stuff that happened with Aria and her family?" I asked.
"To be honest, not that great. He's been worrying about her. A lot." Sophie replied.
"I imagined he would." I replied. We all turned around to look at Aria and Dalton. She was hugging him as if her life depended on it. Her head was buried in the crook of his neck, his arms around her like a protective blanket, one of his hands stroking her hair in a comforting way. I smiled warmly at the sight, as did Sophie and Rebecca.

ARIA'S POV

Here in Dalton's arms was exactly where I needed to be right now. My head buried in the crook of his neck, his arms around me like a protective blanket, one of his hands stroking my hair in a comforting way. "It's ok Angel. You're here now. We're gonna have a wonderful time and everyone is so excited to see you again. You know you're welcome here anytime, and it's great that you have someone like Will to live with in LA. I know things may seem horrible now with the death of your family, but wouldn't they want you to be happy?" He asked. I looked up at him, tears streaming down my face.
"I guess so." I said softly.
"I know so." Dalton replied, a comforting smile on his face, before pulling me into another comforting hug.

SOPHIE'S POV

I smiled at the sight in front of me. Out of all the girls he's dated, I have never seen him act like this around someone. The chemistry between him and Aria is undeniable, and, even if they don't know it yet, I believe they are meant for each other.
"We need to get them together." I muttered to Becca and Will. Both of them nodded at my suggestion. "We do." Will said.
"Dalton and Aria have had a connection ever since they met and it had only grown stronger over the time that they have known each other. When Dalton left, Aria told me that it left a huge hole in her chest, and she never really got over him leaving." Will told us.
"I've known Dalton all my life and I have never seen him like this about a girl before. Not even when he was dating Madison." I added. "Becca can back me up when I say that he is constantly talking about and to her in his spare time, which neither of us mind because we all find it adorable. Don't tell him I told you this, but I actually found him crying the day he found out about the house fire that killed Aria's parents." I revealed. All eyes went wide. We all knew that Dalton was not one to cry. He more let his emotions out through music, so the fact that he was so upset that it reduced him to tears surprised everyone.

DALTON'S POV

Having Aria in my arms felt perfect. I honestly never wanted to let her go. I have never felt like this with any other girl before. Even Madison never made me feel like this. Even though my time in IM6 had its ups and downs, something I will forever be grateful for is making friendships like Aria and Will. Even though the other three now pretend like I was never in the group in the first place, which I am sure they have been forced to do, that doesn't matter to me. I just hope they don't do the same thing to Aria and Will.
"It's ok Angel. You're here now. We're gonna have a wonderful time and you know you're welcome here anytime. It's great that you have someone like Will to live with in LA. I know things may seem horrible now with the death of your family, but wouldn't they want you to be happy?" I asked. She looked up at me, tears streaming down her beautiful face, a sight that broke my heart.
"I guess so." She said softly.
"I know so." I replied, a comforting smile on my face, before pulling her into another comforting hug.

ARIA'S POV

"Can I join the hug?" I heard Will say from behind me. I turned around and looked up at him, then at Dalton who was smiling warmly, one arm out in an unspoken invitation, the other still tightly around me. Will smiled and came into the hug. He put one arm around me with the other around Dalton, and I did the same. A group hug with my two best friends, what could be better? In this moment, I felt happy. In this moment, I knew I would never be alone.