• Petty Party •

Hermione

Platform 9 and 3/4 was buzzing with energy and excitement.

Little kids bounced with anticipation, kissing their parents goodbye hurriedly and skipping toward the train.

Mum placed a hand on my shoulder, "We're going to miss you, sweetheart."

"Promise you'll write," Dad added.

I grinned, hugging them, "I always do," as I pulled away I sighed, "You know, you didn't have to come all this way just to send me off."

Mum waved me off, "Nonsense, sweetheart."

Dad nodded, "We wouldn't miss it for the world."

I smiled and swatted his arm, "I'd best be going. I love you!"

They waved as I made my way through the crowd. It was difficult since half of them were staring at me and quite a few asked for photos or autographs.

I narrowly missed the reporters, but I noticed Harry hadn't.

Harry stood stumbling over his own words, surrounded by reporters and little kids.

I reached through the circle and tugged his arm, pulling him away from the chaos.

His eyes brightened with joy and relief when he saw me, "'Mione! Oh thank Merlin you saved me, I thought I was going to go blind any second."

I waved him off, "It's not the first time I've saved you."

He grinned, "Nor will it be the last, I'm sure."

I wrapped my arms around him as we stepped onto the train, away from the crowds and reporters, "I missed you," he muttered into my hair.

I pulled away with a smile, "I missed you too."

"Come on then," he said, leading the way down the corridor of the train, "Ginny and Ron are already in a compartment."

I frowned, "How did they escape the press?"

Harry grimaced, "They had Lavender with them," he smirked, "And the press hates her in general."

I scoffed, "They're still together?"

"Unfortunately," He tried to smile, "But Ron's my best mate, next to you of course, I've got to at least try to be happy for him. No matter how many times Ron barges into our room while we're... er- busy, asking for chapstick," I couldn't help but notice his cheeks redden.

I laughed, "Busy? With school work, right?"

He grinned sheepishly.

Harry slid open a compartment door and was welcomed with Ginny's lips.

Ginny saw me and I held my hands out, "I'll just take a hug."

She grinned and launched herself at me, "'Mione. Oh I missed you so much! The burrow was so boring without you there!"

"Oi!" Harry countered.

She let go of me and sat down next to Harry.

Ron looked up hesitantly, clearing his throat, "Hello Hermione."

I nodded in acknowledgment, "Ronald."

A blob of bows and crystals next to him cleared her throat and I looked over to Lavender, who was much too smug in this situation, "Lavender."

She grinned, "Have a lovely summer chasing around your deranged parents Hermione?"

I grinned at her, "Loads of fun, thanks for asking. What did you do this summer? Spend it in a three year old's doll house?"

She gasped, "Take that back you overgrown beaver!"

"My apologies," her face lifted, "to your mother."

She stood, working her jaw, her mouth opening in closing like a dying fish.

I held my hands up to stop her, "Don't think, it might sprain your brain."

Her face turned beat red as Ginny snorted.

I turned to Harry, who was trying his best not to grin, and had one hand pressed firmly against his girlfriend's mouth.

Ron just looked horrified.

"It seems this compartment is full. I'd best be off," I walked out of the compartment, slapping myself on the forehead for being so petty.

It was pretty fun though.

"'Mione!" Ginny called, "'Mione, Harry and I will come sit with you! Leave my brother and Brown  in their own compartment."

I shook my head, turning around, "No, really, it's alright Ginny. I told Neville I'd catch up with him anyways-"

She nodded, "Oh, Alright."

I winced, "I feel bad about the whole scene in there."

"That was hands down the greatest thing i've ever witnessed. You have no idea how proud I am of you," She grinned.

I laughed, "You'd better get back to Harry, Gin. I'll meet you at the carriages."

She nodded, "Alright then."

I walked down the hall, peering into compartments to look for anyone I might know. I hadn't actually talked to Neville since the war. I simply didn't want to make Ginny feel bad.

"So, I heard about your little 'situation' with Weasel."

I jumped and turned around to see Draco Malfoy, he smirked, tilting his head to the side in a cocky manor.

I glared at him, "Come to gloat, Malfoy?" I kept walking, "Because if so, you'd better turn you arse around now while you have the chance you-"

A hand gripped my wrist and I spun to face him.

My breath caught in my throat as I realized how close we were, our chests almost touching.

He was aware, dropping his voice to a husky whisper, "I think we can help each other out."

I snapped out of the trance, pulling my hand free and stepping back before I could do anything I'd regret, "Why the bloody hell would I help you?"

He shrugged, leaning against the wall, "Redemption."

I laughed, "Pardon?"

"I want Astoria back, you want Weasel back - for some unknown reason. They'll come crawling back on their hands and knees. Simple, really."

"Are you proposing we fake date?" I asked, incredulously.

He smirked, "Oh Granger, that's exactly what I am proposing."