• Try Me, You Knob Head •

Hermione

The first years were dismissed, being led out of the Great Hall by the prefects.

Ginny, Ron, Harry, and I made our way out of the Great Hall after the large mob of people dispersed.

I felt eyes on me and lifted my eyes to meet deep gray ones, Library, don't forget.

Yeah, yeah, I'll meet you there.

Harry's eyes kept sweeping to the corner of his eye to look at me before dropping to the floor just to continue to circle.

"Harry what is it?"I huffed, annoyed.

I had to figure out an excuse to get out of the conversation and make my way to the library and Harry's suspicious behavior was annoying.

My outburst got the attention of Ginny and Ron, who were arguing about whether Fred and George would let them sneak into Hogsmeade using their shop.

Harry cleared his throat, "It's just- at the feast, I heard people talking about you... and Malfoy."

It was silent.

Ron burst out laughing, "Harry, that's ridiculous! 'Mione and ferret? That's absurd."

Alright. It's time.

Time to defend Malfoy like I actually give a damn about him and 'admit' that I'm dating him.

Oh Merlin help me.

I scowled at Ron, "And what exactly is so absurd about Draco and I being together?"

Ron's face dropped and he visibly paled, the tips of his ears a light pink, "Hold on a bloody moment. You just called ferret Draco," he spat the name as if it was poisonous.

I shrugged, "Yes, Ronald, I did. Believe it or not, it's perfectly normal to call your boyfriend of three months by his first name."

It was Harry's turn to stare incredulously, he choked on his own saliva and coughed, "You and Malfoy have been dating for the past three months?"

I nodded, "Yes. Is that a problem?"

Both Harry and Ron opened their mouths to no doubt argue how big a problem that was.

"I didn't think so," I blinked.

Ron sputtered, stumbling over his words, "B-But he's evil! He was a deatheater, he bullied you all through school. He's a stuck up prick Hermione!"

"Maybe he's changed, Ronald!" I mentally groaned, Why can't Malfoy just be a better person, it'd be a lot easier to pretend defend him, "Besides, why do you care? You're with that twit Lavender!"

Ron's ears were now an alarmingly vibrant red, he stomped up to me, sticking his finger at my face, his chest heaving, "You shut your mouth about my girlfriend."

I gripped my wand in my pocket, eyebrows drawn as I stared at him, "Back away Ronald, right now, before I do something I might regret."

Ron chuckled, "What are you going to do, 'Mione? Hit me with one of your books?"

He blinked and my wand was between his eyes, "Try me, you knob head."

He opened his mouth to yell at me, his cheeks flaming, but before he could get a word out, a voice cut him off.

"What do you think you're doing, yelling at my Girlfriend like that Weasel?"

Harry and Ron turned.

Ginny grinned.

I groaned.

Malfoy stood a top the staircase outside the Great Hall, gliding down the stairs while running his hand through his hair, his other hand twirling his wand between his fingers.

"Sorry, Draco. I got a bit held up," I glared at Ron when he tried to look at me.

Malfoy raised his eyebrow at the four of us, "Sorry, did I interrupt? Go on, Weasel, proceed."

Ron looked absolutely murderous, "Alright, you tosser, what are you playing at, dating Hermione?"

Malfoy leaned against the railing, "I haven't a clue what you mean, Weasel. Hermione was the one who asked me out."

I hate you, I glared at him.

He grinned at me, I know.

Ron immediately turned on me, "Are you daft? Why would you ask out the ferret?"

I glared at him, my hand itching to hex his face into oblivion, "Because maybe he's changed, maybe he was there for me when you weren't, maybe I love him."

Ron's face paled.

I let my hand drop and I shook my head, "I don't have to explain any of this to you, you don't deserve an explanation. He makes me happy, and you should be happy for me."

"Come on, Draco," I walked over to Malfoy, whose eyes were wide.

He held out his hand and I rolled my eyes, but clasped his hand in mine.

We made our way up the steps.

"Thanks for coming," I whispered.

"Don't mention it," he grinned down at me, "For what it's worth, I liked your speech."

My lips tugged upward and a breathy laugh escaped them, maybe this wouldn't be as hard as I thought.