Chapter Nineteen

Cas's POV (btw let's just say it's Saturday cause I forgot where we left off)
The next day Cas shuffled around his house. He was devastated about the fact that Dean has to move. He's been trying to keep smiling, but it doesn't work. Nothing helps heal the pain he has in his chest. Well, except talking to Dean. He pulled out his phone and opened his contacts. He clicked on Dean's name and waited for him to answer.

"Hey Cas, what's up?" Dean asked from the other line. Cas almost burst into tears. He wouldn't be able to hear that voice by next week.

"Cas?" Cas sniffed once and wiped away a stray tear.

"Hey Dean. Could I come over?" Cas asked.

"Yeah of course. I'll open my window." Dean hung up and Cas made his way to his window. He could see Dean in is room lifting the window and beckoning him over. Cas smiled slightly as he walked over to Dean's house. When Cas got through the window he was wrapped in a hug.

"Hey baby. How are you feeling?" Dean asked. Cas buried his face in Dean's neck.

"Not so great." Cas mumbled. Dean sighed and guided Cas to his bed. He rubbed Cas's back as Cas leaned against him.

"Hey, let's go somewhere okay?" Cas nodded and they headed to the Impala.

"Wait, what about Sam?" Cas asked. Dean turned back and yelled, "Sam, go hang out with Gabe. Cas and I are going out." They heard a muffled "okay" and walked out the door.

-~-

"Keep you eyes closed." Dean said from the drivers seat. Cas closed his eyes and waited. Dean had said that he was going to take Cas somewhere special and that it was a surprise. He heard his door open and was then being guided out of the car.

"Can I open my eyes now?" Cas asked while smiling. He heard Dean chuckle next to him.

"Not yet." Cas sighed dramatically and Dean laughed even more. They walked for a few more minutes until Cas felt Dean hold his shoulders.

"You can look now." he whispered. Cas opened his eyes and gasped. Dean had taken them to a small hill that had a perfect view of the sky. When they reached the top of the hill there was a picnic blanket layed out. Cas turned to look at Dean but found that he wasn't there. He looked around and finally found him rummaging in the trunk of the Impala. He started walking back up the hill and Cas could see that he had a basket in his hands.

"What's all of this?"

"Well, I was going to save it for tonight but I couldn't bare to see you so sad. So, we're going to spend the whole day out here. That way no one can interrupt us." Cas's smile widened and he threw himself into Dean's arms.

"Thank you so much for this. I don't deserve you." Dean hugged him back.

"It's me that doesn't deserve you Cas. You're the most amazing and strong person I have ever met. Don't ever change."

"I won't. I promise."

They sat down on the blanket and talked about everything and nothing all day. Before they knew it the sun was starting to set. Cas stared at the colors in the clouds. He didn't notice that Dean was paying more attention to him than the scenery.

Dean's POV
Should I tell him now? He looks so beautiful. What if he doesn't think the same though?

Dean shook his head and took a deep breath.

"Cas?" Cas turned his head to look at Dean.

"Yes Dean."

"I...um... I want to tell you something." He said.