Something about us. {Akaashi x reader}

I love love love daft punk.

Enjoy!

Something about us - daft punk

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

I might not be the right one, it might not be the right time...

High school was nothing but the past now, you and akaashi were in college now but, something wasn't right.

Although back in your high school days, you had a crush on akaashi; the feelings weren't reciprocated.

Not that they could be anyways.

Akaashi was at the time dating your best friend and now, they still are. Although you confessed before (ex best friends name) did, he rejected you but offered to still be friends.

It tore your heart in pieces and you've never cried so hard in your life. You wondered what went wrong, you guys were great and close friends but the romantic feelings weren't present. Your best friend would hang with you guys at times but it must've been her charm and beauty that stole his heart.

With a broken heart but still and bright smile, you congratulated your best friend when she broke the news that the two were dating. As soon as she turned around to tell akaashi that she told her best friend the news he asked, who her best friend was; clueless that it was you all along, she said your name and his felt his heart drop in guilt.

But time has passed and you've somewhat moved on, tomorrow you were going to move to the states and continue your study overboard, but you kept that a secret as seeing akaashi in class, sometimes brought back memories and broke your heart.

You couldn't deal with it anymore, and you wanted to move away. It was painful thinking about it every other day.

You sat in class with bokuto and akaashi. As the three of you worked together on an assignment, you plugged in your headphones and worked on your part of the assignment when you heard akaashi speak to bokuto,

"Hey can i tell you something? But it's only between me and you bokuto." He mumbled.

You bobbed your head pretending to be listening to music when you hear him speak again,

"I might get a promise ring with (ex best friends name). She's been so good to me, I think she's the one for me.." You see from the corner of your eye bokuto shake his head in approval.

He spoke quietly with a little bit of giddiness on his voice, "What kind of ring are you getting her?

You took out a earphone and closed your laptop and with a tired smile looked at the two boys and spoke,

"I have to go now guys, I have some errands to take care of." You packed your bag and heard akaashi speak,

"Do you want us to come with you?" He offered, pang of sadness hit your heart as you shook your head.

"Thank you but i don't want to be bothersome." You slipped on your backpack and pushed in your chair and walked away. The two boys watched as you walk away, back to your dorm room.

"Something doesn't feel right koutarou.." akaashi mumbled.

- - -

Hours have passed since you left the two men in the classroom but you looked at the clock, and it was barely 9pm.

You had your flight at 11pm and would be arriving to the US at around 6pm (I'm guessing lol idk). Your suitcases were pack and your belongings were all put away, and now your dorm was plain and empty.

By now, everyone was in their dorms and hopefully studying or sleeping in. You quietly exited your dormitory and walked out into the moonlight and walked on campus to where you had called a taxi and was waiting for you.

As you walked you heard footsteps behind you and your pace quickened when all of a sudden a hand stopped you.

You turned around and saw none other than akaashi.

"Akaashi...?!" You gasp quietly.

His face was filled with panic and worry.

"Where are you going (your name)? I saw you walk out the dorms with luggage and I got worried."

You gently pried your hand away from his and stepped back, you mentally cursed as a blush covered your cheeks.

'The cab is only a few feet away..!'

"I'm... I'm moving colleges." You said hesitantly

"What? Why?! I thought you wanted to study here.."

You swallowed thickly and shut your eyes, "I do, it's just something bothers me every day there and I just don't want to deal with It anymore...."

"What is it? Is it something I can do to make it go away?" He asked cautiously. You felt the tears well up in your eyes.

"No... it's a problem only I can deal with, I'm sorry for being so condescending, it's just something I don't really want to share."

You turned around and walked to the cab, and you could hear akaashi asking for you to wait but you could care less, you just wanted to get away.

The cab driver got out of the car and was more than happy to help you with your bags and luckily it was a man who seemed in his mid twenties and not some stingy old man in his late forties.

As he helped you, akaashi jogged over and grabbed your arm once again, and this time in a more demanding tone he spoke again,

"Just tell me damn it!"

In a split second you bursted in emotions,

"You! You akaashi! Don't you get it?! It hurts! It's hurts so much seeing someone you cared deeply about and only think they felt the same way but they didn't..."

"It's hurts seeing someone you loved be with someone else when you know you should've been the one."

Tears streamed down your cheeks, as the stinging sensation felt all too familiar again. The memories of you crying over a boy who wouldn't love you back hurt too much.

Akaashi stood there frozen as his brain tried to process everything that just happened.

You cleared your throat and with a shaky voice you spoke for the last time you would ever see him.

"Goodbye akaashi, I hope she likes the ring."