Everlast. {Boxer!Tanaka x Reader} Part 1

Inspired by the movie Creed, which btw you should def watch 11/10.

This'll be mainly Tanaka's point of view. And a three part series.

Enjoy!
•••••••••••••••••••••

Ever since he was a child, Tanaka was fighter.

In and out of juvenile hall.

Until one day, a lady had showed up to his cell.

"I'm not going into no group home." He murmured as he move slightly back and forth. The lady laughed.

"I'm not part of a group home, why are you always fightin'?" She asked sincerely. He scoffed.

"Some kid be talkin' shit about my mom, so I beat his ass." He answered. She frowned slightly.

"Are you a social worker?"

"No, I'm not a social worker." She chuckled quietly.

"Your father, always-"

"I ain't got no father." he grumbled, he balled up his fists and had scowl on his face.

"Sure you did. How else would you be here?" She asked. That silenced him.

"Your father loved you, you know? He was just like you, a fighter." She told him, he glared at her and faced her fully.

"Oh yeah? Then where is he? Why wasn't he here when I needed him? Huh?" He taunted.

"Your father died before you were born. He loved you with all of his heart." She explained.

"How do you know?" He asked.

"Because I was your fathers wife." She answered. Silence filled the room as he released his balled up fists.

"And I came here to ask you if you wanted to come with me." She asked with a smile on her face.

"Yessum." (A/N the term Yessum, used to mean yes ma'am back then, but this takes place in like 1996, so yeah lol.)

*Time skip~*

As years went on, Tanaka grew up to be a fine man just like his father. He lived in riches with his mother.

He lived with the legacy of his father, whom was a famous boxer.

He loved to box, he loved to be in the ring. He enjoyed the adrenaline flowing throughout his whole body.

Although, as soon as he got a job, he quit with in a month. He wanted to take his fighting career more seriously.

He sat on the stairs as he waited for his mother to come home.

"Hey." She greeted.

"Hey."

"How's it goin'?" She asked.

"Ok..., listen mom I quit my job." She froze in her spot, and turned to face Tanaka.

"What?" She asked semi angrily.