Chapter 1 (Ep 1) - Bad Dream

I wake up to a soft knock at my door, "Maddie? You awake?" I hear a familiar voice call through the door. I turn the bedside lamp on and check my phone for the time and see its 2:36am. Pulling my extra soft grey robe on, I walk to the door and see my best friend of nearly 8 years stood there. He looked worried, "Al, are you okay?" I ask, stepping aside to let him in.

"I had a dream, you and Jace disappeared. I tried so hard to find you, but you were gone and there was nothing else I could do," Alec explains, he was getting really stressed out.

I hold his shoulders, "Alec, look at me. It wasn't real. I'm here, Jace is in his room. Everything is okay," I reassure him, and he starts to calm down. I feel the tension leave his shoulders.

"Thank you, Mads," he says, pulling me into a hug. We've had nicknames for eachother since we were 10, and it's only the two of us that can call eachother by them.

"Can I stay in here tonight?" He asks.

"Of course," I reply, taking my robe off and getting back into bed. It barely had any warmth to it anymore. As we pull the covers up, we both shiver at the same time, making us laugh.

I turn over and turn the light off but before I could turn back over, Alec grabs my waist and pulls me into him, "Snuggle me, I'm freezing," I reply with a sound of approval, it's usually couples that do this sort of stuff, but me and Alec are so comfortable around eachother, it's just normal, we can do anything without being embarrassed or feeling awkward. I think that's one of the things I love most about our friendship.

"Goodnight Alec," I say tiredly. "Goodnight Maddie," he replies, and within minutes, his breathing steadies out and I know that he's asleep. I do the same pretty much straight after.

________________

I wake up in the same position we fell asleep in last night. Alec's arms around me, I feel so protected. His bed hair is very fluffy and his soft snores echo through my ears, they aren't loud, but they're the only noise I can hear.

"Good morning, Mr Lightwood," I say with a smile as he wakes when I sit up.

"Good morning, Miss Wayland," he replies in his morning voice, rubbing his eyes.

I leave the room and head down the corridor to get breakfast but decide I'm not really hungry so I fill my water bottle with cold water and make Alec some coffee.

As I walk back into my room, I see that Alec has fallen back asleep. "Wake up, I made you coffee," I say, shaking him and sitting back on the bed.

"Thank you," He takes the mug from me and I go into my bathroom to change.

I go for skinny ripped black jeans, a black crop top, a black denim jacket with black Nike trainers

I go for skinny ripped black jeans, a black crop top, a black denim jacket with black Nike trainers. I then go for a shimmery eye look with a nude pink lip and put my hair into a messy bun. When I come out, I see Alec has left, probably to get changed as well.

I walk towards the main area of the institute where I'm greeted by Izzy, Alec and my twin, Jace.

"Lookin' good," Alec says as he sees me and I thank him.

"How do you manage to make the perfect outfit out of only black clothes?" Izzy questions "And your makeup is amazing too, teach me your ways."

"What are you on about, Iz? You look even better!" I compliment her. She's wearing a white two piece and a platinum wig with a black long length jacket over her.

"Yeah well that's Maddie for you," Jace says, "all right guys, for some reason our demon friends are killing mundanes and draining their blood," He tells us as we walk towards the weapons room.

"Why do they want blood? Isn't that vampire territory?" Alec asks.

"I don't know, Alec," Jace sighs, "lazy vampires, maybe?"

"There must be something special about their blood," I say as we reach the weapons.

"That's what we plan to find out," Izzy says as Jace hands us all our seraph blades.

"This is what our target looks like," Jace points to a screen with a man with grey hair and glasses on.

"For now," Izzy adds.

"Right, I'll go get approval for the mission," Alec begins to walk off but I grab his arm before he could go any further.

"Come on, Alec. By the time you've sent that message, we'll have killed six demons. Besides, it's more fun to break the rules than to follow them," I say with a smirk as I start walking towards the exit and everyone follows me. Jace smirks as well and we leave the institute.