Chapter 8

Elsa

What

the

heck?

Prom king and queen? Anna was right.. but how did we win?

My heart is pounding from all the events of tonight. First Hans practically attacks me, possibly knows we're spies, then Jack says he's falling in love with me, theeen he kisses me, and lastly we're announced as the king an queen. My head spins.

Our short ceremony sort of thing was just a blur. Flowers, a crown, cheers, and me saying random crap in front of the whole student body.

We stumble off of the stage quickly and he laughs to me. "We won, ice queen," he chuckles and I nod.

"I don't know how, honestly." I breathe.

"I don't either. I've only been here for a few weeks," he laughs and I join him.

"The ladies love the frost." I tease.

"But I love Elsa." butterflies swarm my chest and I can't hide a smile. He loves me and I love him. We don't even have to pretend.

I fell in love with him gradually at first, almost as if I couldn't see it happening until my feelings just hit me like a wall. Everything changed in an instant.

We went from loathing to loving in the blink of an eye.

"Elsa loves you." I giggle and he pulls me into him.

"You better," he chuckles as he leans his forehead against mine and bites his bottom lip attractively. Gods, he's perfect. How did I not see it before?

"Elsa, Jack!" I hear our friends approach and I pull back a little, smiling at them.

"Congrats, guys!" Rapunzel squeals, throwing her arms around my neck.

"Thanks." we say at the same time.

"Yeah, so unexpected." Anna teases sarcastically before hugging me as well, noticing how Jack's hand stays locked with mine.

I can't get the scene out of my head as Jack defended me, so unhesitant. Normally I would've snapped about how 'I can fend for myself' but I don't know what was different. I just realized I love him I instead.

We converse for a short while with the group before Jack tugs at me and whispers in my ear. "Link's calling me, I'll be right back." I nod and he exits the room.

"Where's Jack going?" Hiccup asks.

"Bathroom." I lie quickly and everyone buys it. They carry on a conversation I can't seem to invest myself in and I don't realize why until I catch a glimpse of Hans close by. My heart sinks and I yearn for Jack to return quicker. What's taking him so long?

Just as I'm about to give up waiting and go out in search of him, he makes his way through the crowd towards me- but his face is straight and paler than usual. He stands next to me and attempts to seem nonchalant but I can feel his tenseness.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Can I talk to you?" he asks almost timidly and I nod, beginning to feel nervous. He leads me out into the hallway and up the stairs onto the vacant roof of the building and paces immediately, working up the courage to speak.

"Just tell me," I say anxiously and he nods.

"Elsa," he steps towards me and holds both of my hands in his calmly. "more people are in on this very real plot. They want our gift." he says and my heartbeat quickens. "All of our teachers actually.. and perhaps even the principle."

"What? No," I shake my head as my mouth goes dry. "that can't be true."

"It is," he frowns and one of his hands strokes my cheek carefully. I look up at him and feel a slight feeling of fear begin to flicker in my chest.

"Jack." I whimper and he pulls me into him, both arms locked around me protectively and his face nuzzled in my neck. His comfort surely helps a little. I thought that this was some silly mission that would turn out to be a misunderstanding.. not a plot to take my power as well as Jack's. Even the principle of our school is possibly in on it.

"Shh," he hushes me, not letting go. I can feel his heartbeat quickening along with mine. "I'm going to protect you and keep you safe, remember? I promised." he whispers.

"Sometimes people accidentally break promises." I huff against his chest but he doesn't have it. He looks me in the eyes and speaks definitely.

"I won't break this promise, Elsa." I believe him. "I love you. It's not a lie or job anymore. I actually love you." I find a soft smile but it falls when another voice joins our conversation.

"So I was right."

"Hans," I gasp and step back. He stands hidden in the shadow of the doorway, folding his arms and bowing his head.

"What do you want with us?" Jack hisses.

"Well I know your little secret now, so looks like you two are sort of going to have to listen to me and what I want."

"You're blackmailing us?" I raise my eyebrows and breathe shallowly.

"I guess you could say that." he chuckles. "Having two 'spies', well at least I'm guessing you're spies, but having both of you do stuff for me would be nice."

"What if we don't?" I ask.

"I tell the school your secret."

I lean into Jack and he holds his arms around me. "Fine, whatever." he tells Hans impatiently.

"This is going to be fun."

I'm sure it will be. Not.