Chapter 32

Elsa

"Hey, darling." My aunt opens the door to my room. I look up at her and force a faint smile momentarily, the necklace Jack gave me jingling in my hand. Pitch had taken the necklace from me when he was holding me captive in the high school. Apparently while I was unconscious in the MPA building, Jack had asked Allen to put it on my neck since he couldn't touch me. I feel my stomach burn at that thought. "You feeling okay? You haven't eaten hardly anything or moved for the past two days." she sits next to me on my bed and tucks stray hairs behind my ear.

I run my thumb along the silver J without muttering a word.

"Honey, you've got to eat. Rapunzel called and said she wants to take you out. Her and Astrid will be over soon, so I suggest you get ready." she says softly before kissing my forehead and walking out of the room.

I force myself up and slide on whatever clothes I can find on the ground. I hook the necklace around my neck and make my way to the kitchen as Rapunzel and Astrid open the front door.

"Hey Elsie," Rapunzel speaks sweetly.

"Hey." I speak for the first time in 48 hours.

"Come on," Astrid smiles. "you've got a wild time ahead of you." she chuckles before slinging an arm around me and pulling me in close in comfort. I can't help but smile.

We walk out the front door and towards the center of the city, weaving through the skyscrapers and other passing citizens. They joke back and forth, engaging me every once in a while to ensure I'm not completely isolated in my own sorrow.

"Oh, get this," Rapunzel speaks. "so I was walking to-" her sentence is cut off when a voice speaks up.

"Elsa," I turn and see Hans pacing behind us, smiling as if we're actually friends.

"What do you want?" I question, Astrid and Rapunzel frowning at his sudden appearance.

"Where's your other half?" He ignores my snappy interrogation.

"He's not here." I say shortly.

"I'm not here to attack Elsa." Hans tells Astrid and Rapunzel when he notices their glares.

"Then why are you here?" Astrid speaks.

"I wanted to apologize," Hans says sincerely. I tilt my head.

"Really?" disbelief is evident on my face.

"Yes," he nods. "can we talk? Alone?" he asks. I debate rejecting his request and walking away but something inside of me wants to hear what he has to say.

"I guess." I mutter. "I'll catch up with you guys." I tell Astrid and Rapunzel and they nod apprehensively before turning and continuing on towards the cafe.

"What's up?" I ask Hans.

"Well," he starts, slowly walking and beckoning me to follow. He sticks his hands in his jacket pockets and watches the snow-blanketed ground. "as I spent time with my father and his agency I began to realize how horrible their plans really were. I didn't realize the severity of what they're trying to do." I know it sounds crazy, but I believe him.

"You know what they're planning?" I ask quickly.

"No, no. When they discovered my doubts they kicked me out. And gave me this." Hans shows me a slice across his collar bone.

"Wow," I bite my lip. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your doing, princess." He chuckles. "But listen, I really am sorry about everything. Would it be alright if we maybe. . . started over?"

I ignore the doubts in my mind and nod. I guess no harm can be done. "Sure."

"Well then," He turns to me. "my name is Hans, nice to meet you." he flashes a brilliant smile.

"And to you." I chuckle. "I'm Elsa."

"Well, Elsa, what do you say we get lunch?" he tilts his head.

I breathe in and ponder for a moment. "Sure,"

A/N

Don't kill me guys!! Everything will make sense soon! Please vote and comment! I love feedback!xx

-I