Chapter 20

[Sorry again, for leaving for like two months. But this time it was shorter. I just wasn't in the mood to write anything and I didn't want to halfass a chapter. That's just horrible on my part. You guys deserve a story and even if it takes a lot of ass time, I hope you'll get it from me. I hope y'all understand and happy reading☺️]

Also, stay safe from the COVID-19. 😷🦠

|Unknown|

She didn't belong there. She was supposed to be mine. Then that stupid king stole her and then cast her away with his child. I wanted every day as he showered that other bitch with his love and wealth, completely forgetting about the woman who made him love again and trust those around him.

He was not worthy of Queen Isabella. I will make sure she doesn't go through all the heartache again, I will be the man who's she trusts and cares, I will take care of her and her son as my own.

I smiled as thought about our life together. We surely would be happy, all I need to do is get the king out of the picture and everything will fall into place.

I stood up and walked around the corridor of the castle, looking for my Queen. She seemed really happy days ago, hugging that disgusting thing called a man. Because of him, I am sure she would never love another man the same way, but I was here to change that. All I needed to do is get her to notice me and then my plan will be set to motion and I'm few months I will have her in my grasp while King Reed will be nothing but a peasant, rotting away in an ally somewhere.

Wait for me my Queen, your true King has arrived.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

|Isabella|

I walked towards the room where my mother was staying. Knocking on the door and waiting, she called for me to come in. I solely opened the door and walked in with a smile on my face. It wasn't much of a happy smile, and she knew that. "What's wrong, my love?" She walked over to me and put her hands on my shoulder.

My mother had a sting grip, even if she was a small woman. "Nothing, just a little sad I won't see you when I want to." I opened my arms and hugged her.

"Oh love, you can come over whenever you want to. The door will always be open for you and Regan." She smiled as she squeezes my waist a little as she hugged me back. "I'll miss you. Please take care of yourself."

"I will." I smiled as I pulled back and kissed her cheeks. "Make sure you and dad are taking care of yourselves too."

Mother nodded as she went back to packing her bags. "Oh!" She exclaimed. She then took out something from her back and handed it to me. "This is for you and Regan. With all the things going on, I forgot to give it to you."

I held out my hand as she put two blue and white pearls in my hand. Each one was made into a necklace.  "They are beautiful, thank you," I smiled as tears came in my eyes.

"You're welcome, love. Take care of yourself and Rogan. Don't let King Reed get in your happiness." She advised and nodded. I didn't want to argue with her so I just kept quiet and helped her.

Rogan walked into the room with his nanny carrying Inez. My mother smiled and took Inez from the nanny and dismissed her. "She's just like her, huh?" I asked as I looked down at the little girl.

"She looks like her physically but her morals and beliefs will be shaped by you and her father." Mother answered as she cooed at Inez making her smile toothlessly.

"Yeah," I said and nodded to myself. I wanted to make sure she did what was right and never betrayed anyone because the fewer people trust you the more lonely you become. Then soon, you start to hate yourself like the rest of them, making you do bad things. It was a horrible cycle and no one should go through it. "You'll come to see us soon, right?"

"Of course, my love. I wouldn't miss Regan's birthday." My mother came and hugged me. I hugged her as tightly as possible. Having to stay away from her was horrible but I had Tia to guide me. She was an amazing woman who didn't let anyone walk over her and I respected that. I felt like she was the only one on my side here and if she was gone, Reed would revert to being a little shit and I would be devastated if that happened because now, I had two others to worry about. "Take care, okay?"

"I will." I sniffled in her shoulder and she patted my head. This felt like my wedding day. The day I was taken away from my kingdom, to a kingdom I had no one in. It was like I had gone to another country than I knew nothing about except the language. "Take care."

"I will see you all soon." She pulled back and kissed the top of my head and then Inez. She carefully picked up Rogan. "Be a good boy for your Mum and a big brother to Inez, okay?"

"I will, Nana." Rogan smiled at her. I took Inez as a servant came and got the luggage and carried it to the carriage as we walked behind them.

My father was waiting for the carriage along with my sisters. I hugged them all and we all hid goodbye before he loaded the carriage and went on their way. I stood at the castle gate and watched the carriage disappear over the hill with a heavy heart. My lips trembled when I realized that I won't see them whenever I wanted to because the travel time between here and my home is three to four days. "Your Majesty, please come inside. It's dangerous to stay outside." A soldier spoke as he bowed in front of me.

I nodded and stepped inside the gates. After I did, the gates closed and I sighed when I looked back. "Have a good evening," I spoke to the soldier as I walked away.

He tilted his head down in a bow, I could see a faint smile. "You too, your Highness." I smiled as walked away with Rogan and Inez.

"Time for dinner and bed," I spoke to Regan.

"Will you thell me a bedtime stwoy?" Regan asked and I nodded with a smile. I fondly moved away from his hair.

"Of course my love," I answered as we walked towards the dining room.

I decided that I would protect them with everything I have and nothing was going to stop me.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Here is another chapter. Thank you for reading and what did you think? 🤔