Chapter 8

|Isabella|

PREVIOUSLY:

Walking away I held the tray in one hand and put two drops of the potion since it would be a waste to give her the whole bottle. I smirked and walked up the stairs towards her chambers. It was no trouble getting the drink but now I have to make her drink it which means talking to her in a civil way.

I sighed and took a deep breath. The things I have to do for revenge.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked up to her door and knocked. "Who is it?" I heard get ask. I wanted to turn back but I have to do this.

Clearing my throat I said, "It's me. Isabella." Right after that I heard stomping and then the doors flew open. I looked up to see my sister glaring at me. I just smiled and raised up the tray. "I brought your drink."

"This seems oddly suspicious. What are you planning?" She asked putting her hand over her chest. She looked mad but intrigued.

"I would like to talk over something with you. I know that what Reed and I had is over, maybe it wasn't anything and I wasn't enough for him. I am sorry for dragging it for so long. I want my little sister back, we used to have so much fun together as kids and I miss those days." I sighed. "I know you don't trust me, but what did I do?"

When I looked back up I saw Isla looking at me with so much emotion in her eyes. If I could smile I would but I have to play my broken older sister role. "Bella, I never meant for you to feel that way and I never meant to break up your relationship. I should be the one who's sorry." She motioned for me to step into the room, so I did and put the tray down on the study table.

When I turned around she hugged and that surprised me the most. I slowly raised my hand and hugged her back. My face twisted in disgust. When she let go I smiled. "You should drink this, it's not good for you to stay dehydrated." I handed her the glass and smiled when took and gulped it down.

"It tastes a bit different," she said.

"She probably added something to make sure the baby and the mother is getting all the vitamins." I smiled and tried to make an excuse.

"She must have," Isla mumbled. "Anyway, let's catch on what we missed."

Isla too my hand and dragged me to the bed. We sat down and now I can clearly see her stomach. It wasn't as big as mine was at almost seven months. I looked and smiled. We talked about random things and I tried my best not to gag at her words and excitement. She seems oddly happy and I had to be too. I didn't like it one bit but I have to do this for my revenge.

================================================================================

I walked out of her room a little while later and sighed. It took too much out of me just to be nice to her and talk about old times and what we missed the time we were apart. Damn, how can she be so naive and gullible? I smiled as thought about tomorrow and the events that would take place. "Lady Isabella." A deep voice called my name. I turned around to see Reed.

"Your majesty." I bowed as a greeting.

"What are you doing here in this part of the castle?" He asked.

"I had some business with Isla," I answered. I didn't even bother to use any respect. "We had a nice talk."

Reed smiled. He seemed happy about that we talked. "That's good to hear. I hope you ladies work this out soon." He patted my shoulder and then kept on walking. I touched my shoulder where he touched. It was a bit warm but I didn't care. I shook off the feeling and kept on walking.

I walked to the room that my parents were staying at. Rogan was with them and it was his nap time. I knocked on the door and when I heard a come in I walked into the room to see father taking a nap, along with Rogan. I smiled and turned to mother. "They must've been tired." I walked over and sat on the opposite side of her.

"They had quite the fun today. Your father seemed happy. He hasn't been able to relax for a long time. It was amazing to see that." Mother sighed. "Thank you for coming back."

"Mother it was nothing and I knew that I had to face them soon anyway. I know that Reed and I had nothing and it was bound to happen, he just didn't like me like he likes Isla now." I looked down and tried not to let the tears slide. "It still hurts and I'm trying my best but I don't think I can."

"Love, I knew you were strong since the day you were born. I know it hurts now but the fruit in the future will be blissful. You have to be patient and understanding." Mother took my hand squeezed it.

"Thank you, mother." I smiled. This was reassuring for me, I know the fruit will be sweeter the more I wait. We stayed seated until I had to go. "I'll see you all at lunch."

I walked to the garden and sat on the bench that was in my dreams. I still don't know who the man was but he seemed like a better person than Reed. I know what I saw was a vision, it's going to happen in the future. Will I really be happy in the future? I doubt it, I'm not the type to fall easily for a man. After Reed, it had taught me that love is just a word.

As I sat there I suddenly felt a chill go up my spine. I turned towards the back but no one was there. I quickly got up and walked into the castle. Whatever was out there, it wasn't anything good, and I clearly don't need the attention now when my plan is just going well.

________________________________________________________________________________

I am so sorry for not updating soon. School is starting and there is a lot of work to be done. Thank you for reading and giving this book a chance. :)