Chap.12 |'Coffee'|

Start from the beginning

Zara's face flushed. "Of course not, I mean I.....psssh....your face isn't that....erm...nice."

"That's not what you said when you were staring at me from the hallway on that day you first saw me, or when you'd steal glances at me every time you served food or every time you saw me in my towel or every time we crossed paths." Valentine said quickly.

Zara felt embarrassed. "That's not true." She lied.

"Trust me when I say that I would know your face anywhere Miss Kona, especially with that cheeky grin of yours." Valentine snickered.

Zara smiled.

"You should be less of an asshole, it suits you." She said, gazing at him with a dopey look.

"Jesus, Miss Kona I know I'm good looking, but please show some self respect." He teased.

Zara scoffed. "Whatever makes you sleep at night."

"Are you hungry?" Valentine asked.

"Are you?" Zara asked.

"Yes." Valentine lied. He really wasn't hungry, all he wanted to do was spend time with her. He was not ready to go back to his cold bed, when his warmth and sunshine was right next to him.

"Alright then, let's go to Mr Chips." Zara clapped cheerfully.

"Mr Chips it is then." Valentine chuckled, as he made a U-turn and drove towards town.

                    🍃🌹🍃

Valentine came to a stop in front of the huge fast food outlet. They got of the car.

He held the door for her, when they sat down, Zara was already ordering.

"I'd like a mega hot dog, a chicken burger, some hot chips, a russian and a minute maid." She said, without even bothering to look at the menu.

The woman looked appalled. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, yes I am." Zara nodded vigorously.

The woman looked at Valentine for assistance.

"Do as she says." He chuckled.

"I'll have fried rice and beans." Valentine said, skimming over the menu.

Zara smiled.

"You love eating don't you?" He chuckled.

"You have no idea." Zara laughed.

They talked for a while until Valentine turned to look at the tv on the wall behind Zara. She did the same.

"We hear the Kingsman Property Developers company is growing strong." A reporter said, holding the Mic for David Kingsman.

Vincent and Tobias stood on either side of David.

"This company is thriving thanks to the great minds of my two sons." David said proudly.

"What of Valentine? We hear that he is a well known doctor." The reporter prodded.

"Sadly yes he is, Valentine is intelligent. He would have been a great addition to our team." David sighed.

"Aren't you happy for his career?" The reporter asked curiously.

"Of course I am. I suppose I can't force him to come and work for the company." David said.